Lyndon Poskitt Dakar - Page 13

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 210
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Lyndon Poskitt Dakar

  1. #121
    The "Moto" nickr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
    Shame the SS today is cancelled but apparently the weather is biblical.
    I can't imagine how bad it must be to cancel a stage 4000 meters it must be pretty dire up there....4 times the height of mount Snowdon.
    I'd love to see it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    KTMForum.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    The "Moto" Pebble35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jersey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by moly View Post
    great thread ...................................im a bit pissed off that theres no cover on dave watson ,kurt burrows,max hunt ,theres ,more interest than just lyndon ,
    you cant knock the guy hes doing the spade work for a very nice future !!!!!hes no mug .

    and i wish him the best of luck he will help us all in the rally world in the future


    .....and yes i did have him off in the rydale whoops he found out i never give way !!!!!
    we bashed bars for the rest of the day 5 hours of it ,
    hes a tough cookie behind the grin! make no mistake about that ...................... i wont say what he said in the paddock after ha ha ha
    I guess there is not a lot of coverage on the other Brit riders because there is no 'Support Kurt/Dave/Max at Dakar' thread on here. But is there any reason why people cannot post about them here ? After all, most threads here head off on a complete tangent to the thread title within a page or so and anyone who gets to the Dakar start is worthy of support.
    jonmx, french, Al Ranger and 1 others like this.
    Proud to have supported Lyndon Poskitt in the 2013 and 2017 Dakar Rallys and continuing to the future .......https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing/?fref=ts

    Try www.bikersjersey.com - for best prices on genuine KTM spares, Powerparts and Powerwear
    Follow Bikers Jersey on Facebook to stay up to date with news and special offers ! https://www.facebook.com/Bikers-Jersey-457192254433981/

  4. #123
    Teenage Moto
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
    Ivan Jakes was struck by lightning two days ago and and it turns out it broke his arm so sadly he's out.

    Shame the SS today is cancelled but apparently the weather is biblical. Max Hunt was 33rd yesterday which is a hell of a result.
    33rd fuk me thats going on that stage !!!!!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    KTMForum.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  6. #124
    The "Moto" Rob110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebble35 View Post
    I guess there is not a lot of coverage on the other Brit riders because there is no 'Support Kurt/Dave/Max at Dakar' thread on here. But is there any reason why people cannot post about them here ? After all, most threads here head off on a complete tangent to the thread title within a page or so and anyone who gets to the Dakar start is worthy of support.
    Some good brief reports from Dave on FB
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014216775882
    And twitter but that seems to get loads of other random stuff
    https://twitter.com/Dakar17Dave
    Pebble35 likes this.
    Mid Wales Trails & Supermoto: offroad tour guide: Barmouth, Llangollen, Dolgellau, Aberystwyth, Rhayader, Strata Florida, Llandovery, Monmouth, Radnor, Shropshire, etc.
    PM for details

    Big bore strimmer: '08 300exc-e Rally
    Dirty R30 CCM supermoto

  7. #125
    The "Moto" Pebble35's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jersey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    5,580
    Update from Lyndon and explanation of some of the Malle Moto rules

    https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPoski...3791558088224/
    Last edited by Pebble35; 08-01-2017 at 10:03.
    nickr likes this.
    Proud to have supported Lyndon Poskitt in the 2013 and 2017 Dakar Rallys and continuing to the future .......https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing/?fref=ts

    Try www.bikersjersey.com - for best prices on genuine KTM spares, Powerparts and Powerwear
    Follow Bikers Jersey on Facebook to stay up to date with news and special offers ! https://www.facebook.com/Bikers-Jersey-457192254433981/

  8. #126
    The "Moto" nickr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,064
    Are the mousses really fucked after one day of riding? What a nightmare having to do both tyres and mousses after a long ride. Could'nt the slower riders get at least a couple of days?
    I like the bit where he says that the other bikers always stop to offer assistance, well what about the poor blokes that start near the back and have nobody behind them?
    The slower you go the tougher it is in every way.

  9. #127
    The "Moto" mike54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by nickr View Post
    Are the mousses really fucked after one day of riding? What a nightmare having to do both tyres and mousses after a long ride. Could'nt the slower riders get at least a couple of days?
    I like the bit where he says that the other bikers always stop to offer assistance, well what about the poor blokes that start near the back and have nobody behind them?
    The slower you go the tougher it is in every way.
    Depends. They're rarely fucked after a day. speed, conditions, heat, rider weight, heavy throttle hand, all has a bearing. If you end up at the back and end up slow, you can end up in the "snowball" - get in late, tired, get up early hours, cant recover, get in late, eventually too goosed to carry on. Our guys seem to be doing great though :-)

  10. #128
    Teenage Moto
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
    Depends. They're rarely fucked after a day. speed, conditions, heat, rider weight, heavy throttle hand, all has a bearing. If you end up at the back and end up slow, you can end up in the "snowball" - get in late, tired, get up early hours, cant recover, get in late, eventually too goosed to carry on. Our guys seem to be doing great though :-)
    the main aim is to get the riding done asap ,to give you as much rest as possible

  11. #129
    The "Moto" nickr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,064
    Quote Originally Posted by moly View Post
    the main aim is to get the riding done asap ,to give you as much rest as possible
    It would be interesting to see how they cope on the marathon stages, getting in at stupid o'clock then having to service the bike.........

  12. #130
    Junior Moto
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by nickr View Post
    It would be interesting to see how they cope on the marathon stages, getting in at stupid o'clock then having to service the bike.........
    Thats what the malle moto riders do EVERY day. The marathon stages make no difference to them at all.
    It's the other, team supported competitors that have to nurse their bikes/cars through two days with no outside assistance.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •