RC8 Service Intervals & Costs

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: RC8 Service Intervals & Costs

  1. #1
    The "Moto"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A cultural & economic desert
    Posts
    6,456

    RC8 Service Intervals & Costs

    Could a RC8 owner kindly share info on the following;

    At what mileage does an RC8 visit the Service Dept for its first service and what are you being quoted/paying? Or are you getting the first service for free?

    Thereafter, what are you expecting to pay for a service and how often do the technicians expect to see your bike?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    KTMForum.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Fetus Moto Neilc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    16
    Hi, First service is due after 621.4 miles, we've got about 100 miles to go and service is booked for Thursday 18th April. Will let you know costs once it's done. Wasn't able to get it for free !

    Service tables from the manual are below !





    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #3
    Junior Moto egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    W Berks
    Posts
    96
    Does a single track day equal "sporting use"? That could get expensive over the course of a summer...

  5. #4
    King Moto BigVern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    600
    I was quoted £90 for first service by my dealer, they're covering labour. Better than my SD's first service cost (as no valve adjustment)! Apparently should be about the same to service as the SD, maybe just a touch more. Worth it though.

  6. #5
    Fetus Moto lisa1672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13
    Afternoon peeps

    RC8 has just had its first service - £99 which included all filters, oil & labour.

    It took all day and I had the pleasure of a 690 Duke - the only pleasure was giving it back - sorry if you've got one, but that freaky little thing just didn't do it for me!

  7. #6
    The "Moto"
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    A cultural & economic desert
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1672 View Post
    Afternoon peeps

    RC8 has just had its first service - £99 which included all filters, oil & labour.
    Thanks for the update - not too frightening!

    Quote Originally Posted by lisa1672 View Post
    It took all day and I had the pleasure of a 690 Duke - the only pleasure was giving it back - sorry if you've got one, but that freaky little thing just didn't do it for me!
    Lisa - Is this a gender issue - a polite way of saying that the RC8 is a big girl's bike and the 690 Duke is really a bike for small boys?

  8. #7
    Teenage Moto Arsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    359
    My RC8 is having it's first service in about 10 days,as I'm going away until then,though I've done just over 600 miles since picking up the bike last week.

    The service will be free,like all first services are at my KTM dealer.

    I've had 7 new KTMs and not paid for a first service yet,so assume the RC8 will be the same.

  9. #8
    Junior Moto cerec1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BRISTOL
    Posts
    120
    Picked up my white RC8 from Fowlers this afternoon. No handbook, no running in info and seems Acumen alarm wont fit even though I've told my insurer one is fitted. Fowlers are going to fit the factory alarm which they say is Meta. Is this Thatcham approved? Bit concerned as a previous posting says it is not Thatcham. Anone got any info? How do you change the dash? Beats me but only had the bike 3 hours.
    Fueling and gearbox seem fine. Brakes are something else.
    Love it so far just want some dry roads this weekend

  10. #9
    Teenage Moto Arsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by cerec1 View Post
    Picked up my white RC8 from Fowlers this afternoon. No handbook, no running in info and seems Acumen alarm wont fit even though I've told my insurer one is fitted. Fowlers are going to fit the factory alarm which they say is Meta. Is this Thatcham approved? Bit concerned as a previous posting says it is not Thatcham. Anone got any info? How do you change the dash? Beats me but only had the bike 3 hours.
    Fueling and gearbox seem fine. Brakes are something else.
    Love it so far just want some dry roads this weekend
    Download the manual here.

    To save you looking,running in info :



  11. #10
    Fetus Moto lisa1672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by restitution View Post
    Lisa - Is this a gender issue - a polite way of saying that the RC8 is a big girl's bike and the 690 Duke is really a bike for small boys?
    By that statement it would mean that either way its not looking too good for the boys!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •