LC4 Starter Motor. - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: LC4 Starter Motor.

  1. #11
    Junior Moto
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    71
    Twed, If you find some brushes that fit let me know please. I have tried over here but there is no chance. Ta.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    KTMForum.co.uk
    Advertisements
     

  3. #12
    The "Moto" Rayray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    2,187
    Apparently the brushes are hard to come by as mitsuba make the starter under license for ktm and won't sell replacement brushes as they ain't allowed to and ktm would rather shaft you for a new motor

    you will probably find a strip and clean of the brush holders will help,
    as said they get clogged with dusty shit which holds the brush back,

    if anyone finds a correct size replacement brush set lemme know cos a clean has fixed mine but one of the brushes isn't gonna live forever.
    04 "FiddyFive" 625 SMC Sold But never forgotten
    PSN ID:Rayray625
    www.bikersjersey.com for parts online

    Having fun on an R1 at the mo.........but i'll be back

  4. #13
    The "Moto" twed640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    scottish borders
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by mobydick View Post
    Twed, If you find some brushes that fit let me know please. I have tried over here but there is no chance. Ta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayray View Post
    Apparently the brushes are hard to come by as mitsuba make the starter under license for ktm and won't sell replacement brushes as they ain't allowed to and ktm would rather shaft you for a new motor

    you will probably find a strip and clean of the brush holders will help,
    as said they get clogged with dusty shit which holds the brush back,

    if anyone finds a correct size replacement brush set lemme know cos a clean has fixed mine but one of the brushes isn't gonna live forever.
    will do guys!

    Think my dad's gonna go into cumbria auto electical services today, they're usually pretty good with these things. they test them and rebuild them and shizz.


    HUSQVARNA SM510R - the beast!
    KTM Lc4 640 SM gone but not forgotten...
    #191 Scottish Supermoto

  5. #14
    The "Moto" twed640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    scottish borders
    Posts
    1,748
    looks like mitsuba make's starters for all of the big manufacturers. if you cant get a KTM specific one get a cheap one and salvage parts from it.

    stick 'mitsuba starter motor' or 'mitsuba sm-13 brushes' into google and it'll bring back loads of stuff. even search for mitsuba on international Ebay and there's brush kits and repair kits for them all


    HUSQVARNA SM510R - the beast!
    KTM Lc4 640 SM gone but not forgotten...
    #191 Scottish Supermoto

  6. #15
    Junior Moto
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, Calif
    Posts
    84
    Regarding brushes:
    Perhaps a slightly larger brush could be filed down to fit since the material is soft and easy to work with. ?? wayne

  7. #16
    The "Moto" Rayray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by DRxDR View Post
    Regarding brushes:
    Perhaps a slightly larger brush could be filed down to fit since the material is soft and easy to work with. ?? wayne
    I thought about this too, wouldn't be difficult, but i'm a lazy barsteward and if someone finds a simple direct replacement that would be good
    All we need to find is a suzuki/honda/yam/kwak that uses the exact same starter motor and jobs a goodun
    04 "FiddyFive" 625 SMC Sold But never forgotten
    PSN ID:Rayray625
    www.bikersjersey.com for parts online

    Having fun on an R1 at the mo.........but i'll be back

  8. #17
    The "Moto" twed640's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    scottish borders
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayray View Post
    I thought about this too, wouldn't be difficult, but i'm a lazy barsteward and if someone finds a simple direct replacement that would be good
    All we need to find is a suzuki/honda/yam/kwak that uses the exact same starter motor and jobs a goodun
    yep, lots of bikes use the SM-13 starter, just need to make sure the bit that mounts onto the engine is the same.


    HUSQVARNA SM510R - the beast!
    KTM Lc4 640 SM gone but not forgotten...
    #191 Scottish Supermoto

  9. #18
    Junior Moto
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    71

    Posssible Cure.

    I love google (posssibly). I have just ordered a SM - 13 repair kit from these guys. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/atv...i_start_rk.cfm
    I will let you know what happens.

  10. #19
    The "Moto" paul1729's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hants
    Posts
    1,347
    Quote Originally Posted by mobydick View Post
    I love google (posssibly). I have just ordered a SM - 13 repair kit from these guys. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/atv...i_start_rk.cfm
    I will let you know what happens.
    Nice find, i see they are in US & you are in Middle East, how much was postage & packing.

    And please keep us updated as to if it fits etc.....with pics would be nice
    950SM

    05 Duke II Now sold
    Smr 560 Now sold

  11. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    I have starting problems and found this...

    Ordered a Mitsuba 2 Brush Starter Motor Repair Kit from...


    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Motorsport-...50799619QQtZkm

    It looks correct but I'll find out soon enough

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •