KTM Owners Forum banner

€2500 for a year old KTM EXC 250?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Sparcus4fifty 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on whether or not I'm getting a good deal or not.

The bike (KTM EXC 250CC) I'm looking to buy is being sold to me for 2500 euros (in Spain), it comes with a new motorcross kit (inc. off-road tyres), it has new road tyres (supermoto) on it already. MOT has just been done, around 1000 miles on it, the bike is in good shape with no scratches or dings that I could see upon inspection. Engine runs perfectly and the bike handles great. It feels like a good deal but it's my first real (parting with a fair amount of money) purchase so I'm slightly weary.

I don't have much knowledge on the pricing of second hand bikes (especially motocross bikes). The person who is selling it to me is a good family friend and wants to take my Peugeot Trekker 50CC off me and give it to his son as he needs a way to get around (but doesn't have his license). Without the trade he wants to sell the bike for €2500 but says we could strike a deal where I'd give him the Trekker in exchange for a knock off the price of the KTM.

The Trekker is in good shape, around 4-5 years old, a scratch on the left mirror and had it's MOT last month. It will need a service before I trade it though.
So I'm asking:

1) Is the KTM a good deal for €2500 (with the extras)
2) How much would you expect to get off the KTM when trading in the scooter.

If anyone wants pictures of either bike, feel free to lemme know and I'll get some.

Bam

See less See more
#8 ·
That's cheap compared to here, you would be lookin at £3000 probably

#10 ·
Think your right probably more like 4k (haven't had or been looking at crossers for a while)

#14 ·
I paid £3k for a 08 450...... A 2011 for €2500 (£2100 ish?) is either the deal of the century... Or dodgy as fuck! If it was me I'd take whatever he offers you for the scooter and try to keep a straight face as you ride off on a nearly new bike for peanuts!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.