KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 200EXC vs 144SX - any opinions?

Bent the exhaust on my (already slightly out when I got it) 04 EXC a bit more at Enduro kent.
Was wondering about replacing the bike rather than just the exhaust!

Looking for people's opions on the 150sx in comparison to my 200 and other options?
Details below...

I've done a fair bit of searching on here, ktm talk etc where it's been discussed before a few times, but still haven't come to a clear conclusion.

I ride enduros and practice days. Not really that fast, but not last either (well, apart from the time card I did, but only last of the people that actually finished, which was half way up the class :) ).
Road legal ideally, but only really as a spare so I can leand people a bike etc - happy with the 690 on the lanes. Oh and I like the idea of sticking my SM wheels on a really silly-light bike; for road use, but would also quite like to try some SM trackdays and maybe racing.

I've read some good reviews of the 150 and like the idea of an even lighter bike. I don't feel I need more power and do quite like the fat revvy powerband of the 200 when it works, however I do feel that it can be a bit too much when I'm tired.

I know the 250/300s can be a bit tamer with a smoother delivery, so that's a consideration too. Reckon I do want to keep to strokers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi mate my son had 09 150sxdid afew h/h on it i had 200 exc 04 my son prefured my old 200 to his i had to ride his sx150
i all so like the exc so i sold both and bought 2/250 exc instead as off now were both happy with new bikes but i havnt done ah/h on mine yet we both found the suspension onthe sx too firm and the power del/too agg
cheers mxr/53

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mxr/53 - interesting, though I'm still not entirely dissuaded yet, but think if I do get one, I'll definitely keep the 200 for a little bit; then try and sell on the new one if I don't get on with it.

Sorry Ben, might as well sort out my own bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts