KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please,

I am looking for a front/header pipe for my 05 400exc factory racing.

The part number in the parts book is 594.05.007.200. (although the illustration looks different to the one on the bike.:confused:)

Will front pipe 594.05.007.500 fit my bike?. . . its stated as fitting 2005-2007 400-525 exc. and looks the same.

I'm fairly new to ktm's so unsure of interchangeable part's / superceeded part numbers etc. etc.

ps.
it currently has standard front pipe and can (i think).

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
594.05.007.500 is for the 560 SMR so will fit but you need the SMR silencer spacers as the SMR header kicks out more to clear the fat rear tyre.

I have a used EXC one, but its a bit rusty near the head. New ones are about £110 so got to be worth £35?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got a stainless one from ebay for my 450 but it needed slight adjustment in a vice with a mallet to get it to line up properly but it was only £85

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
i got a stainless one from ebay for my 450 but it needed slight adjustment in a vice with a mallet to get it to line up properly but it was only £85
Thats the first bit of feedback I have heard about those pipes. Its a good alternative to the plated steel KTM pipe, then?

·
Registered
56 Posts
the stainless turned a light straw color as soon as the heat hit it but apart from that it seems OK.
although i get popping on engine braking but i never rode the bike before changing the header so don't know wether it done this before or not i used exhaust paste to ensure an air tight seal.
any thoughts what could be causing this?
05 450 exc 70 hrs don't know much of its history

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
The tend to pop. Turn up the idle speed a bit.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
how bad is it, i have blown a few out and they worked fine, infact my own has a blown out front pipe after i flattend it doing some erzberg training with fletch and co earlier this year

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback guy's.
As i suspected they're all the same . . . . but different. :rolleyes:
Its still usable, just a biggish dink on the bottom of the bend after a brush with a rock on the monkey fest.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
len if yur not in any major rush ie want it for this weekend then i can sort it for you.

Have my nasel bits drilled later this weekend so i dont think i'll be upto much this weekend :frown:

you've not been out anyway since that little spill :confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
len if yur not in any major rush ie want it for this weekend then i can sort it for you.

Have my nasel bits drilled later this weekend so i dont think i'll be upto much this weekend :frown:

you've not been out anyway since that little spill :confused:
Thank's Mark, i'll give you a shout if need it blowing out.

Good luck with the op. . . . ( if it does'nt work i've got some big rotary files here. :rolleyes: )

The little spill was just a bruised thigh, it was the severe allergic reaction to the pollen after bashing thro the overgrown lanes that kept me off the lanes.
So ive been playing out on the 640adv i got myself as a get well present. :smokin:
Well, that and holidays, . . . . and inconveniently i had to go to work. :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts