KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently rebuilding my ktm 525 exc and wondering if the newer radiator plastice of the newer model fit mine? wld appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction cheers hadley

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Yes, but you need an 07 onwards SXF or 08 onwards EXCr Tank, seat, subframe, airbox, rad shrouds, rear plastic, light and numberplate holder.
Chop off the subframe mounts and tank mount off the frame. Fabricate and weld new mounts to the frame. Fit the new parts and job done :)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
^^^ Simples

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info matey but thats slightly to involved for what my bank balance can afford, is there any other useful info that i mite need in my rebuilding situatuion anything worth doin to the engine bearing in mind its done over 12000 miles so its well due a rebuild? cheers

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
rad shrouds

;)
currently rebuilding my ktm 525 exc and wondering if the newer radiator plastice of the newer model fit mine? wld appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction cheers hadley
just copy the holes of the new ones and cut them into your own, the newer rad plastics arn't anwhere near as strong as the older ones, david knight even pre bends his before a race:cool:

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
is there any other useful info that i mite need in my rebuilding situatuion anything worth doin to the engine bearing in mind its done over 12000 miles so its well due a rebuild? cheers
Is it still a runner? Does it smoke? Any metal in the screens?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah was running fine just a little noisey top end, used a lil oil but never really smoked, and havent found any bits of metal anywhere, went round to see pete earlier and he said you are the man to talk to.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I had my '04' 525 rebuilt a few months back and it was just at the rite time. The main bearings were buggered. May be worth getting someone to have a look inside to be safe before it goes pop and you end up with a bigger bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts