KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! got me akra cans on my SDR and had a map to suit put on at gear4 who did a wicked job on the servicing but....its a snatchy little mutha with this map on so i was thinking about a power commander rang a couple of dealers and ended up gettin abit cofused as on the PC website it only lists a pc3 for the 09 SDR? Seastar s/bikes sugested i by a std SD commander and they'll map it to suit the SDR does this sound right?. If so can i just buy a std SD commander and find a map to suit of the net without the need for the dyno?
:confused::confused:
I'm chuft to bits with the noise of the akra's but i dont think the neighbours in our sleepy Norfolk village like me taking it to work at 6 a.m:scooter::eek:

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Sounds right to me. Get the PCIII for the SD/SDR and your tuner will do the dyno work and mapping according to how your bike is set-up and running.

Big twins are all a bit snatchy though. It gets better as the bike gains miles, plus you get used to it and it'll seem to go away as your riding style adapts. Akras, Re-maps and PCIIIs do help, but you can also try a softer G2/KTM throttle cam if it's still bothering you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah these throttle cam things sound like an option Gear4 suggested them too, i've been used to flat slide carbs on the singles so the fuel injection just seems abit too instant!
Also where did u get that little flip sreen on your SDR? I dont know how much more my neck can take!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I cant remember now, but i do recall the bike being smother after my pc3 and dyno was done, why not get the air box done then get the 3 and dyno, increased the bhp from 118 to 130 with leo vince cans, (told mine had had the head flowed) torque was up as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What sort of airbox mod did you have? i was looking at sas blanking plates did you have them done?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
unsure on the blanking, after the pc3 and dyno the bloke gave me some bits he had taken off the bike ? the air box has big 3inch holes in it everywhere, you can hear the air going in. if you search 'air box mod' there were some threads on it. but i think the previous owner had drilled these, though made a good job of it. the bike was supposed to be an ex battle series, spare race bike so a lot had been done, but he had put standard cans back on, so bought some, then found due to the air box it was runing to lean, so put pc3 on and had dyno, with good results, though all in all cost a bit with cans, pc and dyno

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
...or get the KTM touring screen. It's better made, but the skidmarx looks better on the bike IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts