KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas of my problem, i went out sunday practicing and as i set of onto the track my bike suddenly locked and skidding down a hill. tried to kick again but was stuck solid so therefore put bike back on trailer and it then turned over again and few more kicks it fired up but sound a bit rattly just want to know if you have an ideas on why it may have locked. Or if any one had this happen to them. any info would be great thanks rich

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
sounds like it might have overheated? hows the coolant level/condition? doesnt sound nice and will probably need a bit more than fingers crossed before its next outing...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has had a new hi comp vertex piston kit about 12 hours ago and fresh oil before i went out to right level plus coolant is all good not used a dropp and still fresh thanks rich

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
My money is on big end seizure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to sure on big end seizing had my dads mate mechanic round and he seems to think big end is alll good aswell as cranks bearings also all valve clearences in spec so any other suggestions would be great thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
not to sure on big end seizing had my dads mate mechanic round and he seems to think big end is alll good aswell as cranks bearings also all valve clearences in spec so any other suggestions would be great thanks
If they have been checked properly (eg engine pulled apart) then he must have found the problem on the way through

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
^^^ I agree.

Seized big end, seized cam or seized piston are favourites. He must have found something? What did the oil and short screen look like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we just had top end off cams seem ok no scoring, blueing on where they sit aswell as bearings ok. piston pin has no damage at all just like new. conrod has no up and down movement at all although slight side to side but he sed was normal.:confused:

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Any scratches on the piston skirts? Vertical lines on the cylinder plating?

Did he check the oil and screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right checked the short and long filter and short was covered in swarf, long had some on aswell. just wanted to know if i could get away without removing flywheel :frown:

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
Big end it is, then!

Rod kit, main bearings, couple of gaskets, change the piston. Pray the cylinder is not scored.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts