KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Can I have you views on a value for this bike please. It's never been raced but looks like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards. Cosmetics are poor, but mechanically it's as sound as they come. Handguards and a clutch saver are about all there is on it over standard. It's registered late 07 runs fine.

103 hours and serviced by a dealer

What's it worth?

Regards,

Stoaty

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
£2700

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
How do you know it is mechanically sound? your own bike?? cosmetics are easier to fix than engines! got any pics?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes exc r engine

Done all it's green lane work alongside me (he falls off a lot!) thats how I know what it's done - no pics though I'm afraid. I've picked this thing up more times than I like to remember. The engine casings just have boot scratches as usual, but the plastics will need replacing.

Serviced regularly, but not race regular (25 hours oil and filter), valves checked last service etc. I haven't got any worries about it mechanically, but it's a dogs dinner cosmetically!

I just want to know what to offer him for it without taking the Mickey really - I had thought along similar lines to ktm450awyeah's figure (£2700 - £2,800) but wanted your views first.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
If you know the history of the bike and you know it is sound, its worth at least market value for the peace of mind of knowing the history... 2700/2800 would be good enough, figure you pay 2500 for an 06 in good/average cond...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
£2700 tell me how many you see for £2700 !!!!!

I'm just waiting for someone to post that they have seen them for £1500 08 bikes :)

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yes exc r engine

Done all it's green lane work alongside me (he falls off a lot!) thats how I know what it's done - no pics though I'm afraid. I've picked this thing up more times than I like to remember. The engine casings just have boot scratches as usual, but the plastics will need replacing.

Serviced regularly, but not race regular (25 hours oil and filter), valves checked last service etc. I haven't got any worries about it mechanically, but it's a dogs dinner cosmetically!

I just want to know what to offer him for it without taking the Mickey really - I had thought along similar lines to ktm450awyeah's figure (£2700 - £2,800) but wanted your views first.
Good luck if you get it for £2700, you have got a good deal

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
just thought with all the picking up;)have to be over to your neck of the woods the grolsch and motorway sounds good bit more rain though:eek:

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Pristine £2900-£3200 :)

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Was up there Sunday,bogs are getting a little deeper,and a little more water around made for some good climbs very interesting :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts