KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi picking my new bike up next week is there anything i should be aware of on the electric starters, as i seem to recall reading various problems owners were having. anything i need to keep an eye on..and yes i know its a 2 stroke and its not really needed, but i love that button when your in the shite

·
Registered
151 Posts
the button is shite, it never works when you most need it, sling it,your have a much lighter bike,new casing cost £49 well worth it

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I saw a 2011 300xc at an event yesterday and did the button want to start the bike ????? NO

·
Registered
139 Posts
the problem that the 300 has with the intermitent starting is down to a bad earth. run a fresh earth lead from the bolt that holds startor on to engine to front engine/frame bolt to correct this problem. i would also recomend a earth lead from the battery (earth)to the steel frame as you can get a poor earth from the alloy subframe to steel frame.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks lads i'll see how it goes with the earthing mod,if it fails i'll junk it off

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
check the battery terminals are clean and tight if you get the click. upgrade battery to 7amp. agree earth lead as mentioned. shim if needed. grease and seal the case with a breather pipe and seal the drain point. the e-start is a 're-starter' i never use mine from dead cold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts