KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
If you are talking about Enduro 2 strokes then then mods that I've done include replacing pistons, cranks, wheel bearings, swing arm bearings, top and bottom bearings for the shock, fixing all of the crap wiring connectors, replacing the insulation on all of the wiring loom because it becomes brittle and hard, it then cracks. The 'wet mod' is a good one for the starter, oh replacing the starter is a good one, fitting a bigger battery is good. Changing the alternator for a Trail Tec one along with a Trail Tec regulator-rectifier is a good one.
Skimming the head and reprofiling the combustion chamber is a good mod as is replacing the paper thin expansion chamber with one that doesn't crack.
swapping out the crap Brembo front brake master cylinder with a NIssin one is worth doing along with fitting a hydraulic front brake light switch.
I've also bored out the clutch master cylinder and machined up a 1mm bigger piston so that he clutch fully disengages.
Oh I've fitted a STIC block to the carb.

Other than that and twenty other things that escape me at the moment I'm not into 'modding' bikes.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It was playing cards in my day attached to the frame using clothes pegs

Reactions: Chalky1

·
Registered
341 Posts
Plastic Flap....that`s so wrong. It is always an ice lolly stick.
You are absolutely right but I found that they broke really quickly so I cut up my dads evostik spreader and that lasted ages! He did cuff me though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts