KTM Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Don’t forget if you trade it in first thing the dealers do now with the TPI’s is plug them in to see if the the miles/hours haven’t been fucked about with 😂😂😂 pointless telling porkys 🤥🤥🤥.

·
Registered
915 Posts
My bike has just hit 95 hours ( 2019 Sherco 500), while we are on about 200 hours bikes!, I’ve checked it over and it needs...

New tyres, I’m gonna try a set of trackers!, back moose.
Wheel bearings
Chain and sprockets , I’m on 14/50 at the moment, the bike is just greenlaning, is there a better combination on sprockets or just stick with same?
I’ll check swing arm and headstock bearings while I’m at it.
Fluid change brake and clutch.
Apart from that it’s ok!, uses no oil or water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My bike has just hit 95 hours ( 2019 Sherco 500), while we are on about 200 hours bikes!, I’ve checked it over and it needs...

You will like the trackers, they last for ages and are good on tarmac and not bad when wobbling about on the lanes!

Reactions: Steve Scurr

·
Registered
323 Posts

Wheel bearings
Chain and sprockets , I’m on 14/50 at the moment, the bike is just greenlaning, is there a better combination on sprockets or just stick with same?
I’ll check swing arm and headstock bearings while I’m at it.
Fluid change brake and clutch.
Apart from that it’s ok!, uses no oil or water.

To be honest I get the same enjoyment maintaining my bike as riding it.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yeh I enjoy the bike maintenance in the shed with the radio on when it’s pissing down like today!
Good to hear on the trackers!!

Any opinions on the sprockets size??, it does 60-70 Easy on way to and from lanes, which is good, but 1-2 gear need a lot of clutch! Maybe 52/14?, what you think?

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
52 14 on my old 530 ...... much prefer that to the 50.

If you didnt grease the bike up from new, l would say take it apart and do all the chassis bearings. They get virtualy a dry rats wank in the factory.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
13/50 but I don’t go laning.

My 102hrs are legit Unfortunately. Swingarm/headstock done 40 hrs ago so should be ok. I’m careful with the jet wash. Prob get the brake and clutch fluids changed.
Have ordered a new throttle cables and grips as it’s still not got that clack clack clack.

Might treat it to some bullet proof footpegs. orig are looking worn and rounded. Stick em back on at sale.

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Different ratio's apply on 4t and 2t ....... 14 50 on a smoker for me .....

I like the bpd stuff, l have the rad guards - bombproof.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
How do you find the 13/50 combo? Just fitted it, not ridden it yet… 14/50 is ok for the open going but for the MX track it’s going to burn my clutch.
I’m mostly in 2nd/3rd and it’s fine. Higher are still plenty fast for me in H&H stuff. Never tried playing with other ratios though tbh.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
In case you’re wondering… ratios are for 11-17 300EXC. Stock 14/50, Current 13/50 and Custom 14/52 to compare.

I’ve had it at a an indicated 147kph and it was running out of legs, airlifted at the first unseen bump though.

41 - 60 of 170 Posts