KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wanting some feedback from any 1050 Adventure owners, I am looking at a 2015 model with around 10,000miles on it.

What are they like and hows the reliability of them?

Anything I should look out for when buying?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yes, they're restricted to 94BHP and run out of puff at 6500 rpm.

I looked at them as a 2nd bike for commuting and the Mrs to tour on, but bought a 1090 in the end as it has a stack more power (with similar bottom end pull) and was not all that much more expensive, also it was easy to sell on.

At the right price a 1050 would still be a good proposition if you can live with an engine that's had its balls cut off.

Both 1050 and 1090 lack a centrestand (about £200) and the power socket, only about £7 but a PITA to fit - work into deal if buying from a dealer ;-)

Reliability should be good, less expensive electron magic stuff to go wrong than 1190 / 1290.

Cracking handling and great fun (1090 anyway)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have a Street Triple 675, wanted something a bit more chilled to ride but still have power to overtake and pull with ease. Any time I am hitting red line on ST I am at legal speed limits.

Thank you for the response, can I ask can you flat foot when at stand still? I am about 6ft and worried that I will not be able to flat foot due to how tall the bike is.

Due to current situation I can not pop out and go on sit on one.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
They're not too bad, I am 6'1 and the Mrs is 6'0, I found it fine even with the seat in the high position, she preferred the seat low, and I also backed of the pre-load and dropped the forks through the yokes about 10mm so she could still get solidly planted when having to stop on off camber Alpine hairpins or uneven back roads etc.

My 1290 sits a smidge higher and I am still happy with the seat in the high position and have the Ergo comfort seats, I would say these are a must, but if your coming of a small sportsbike you might think the standard seat is OK.

1050 and 1090 will both be more chilled, but they are significantly heavier and the 1050 significantly less powerful than your current steed, so maybe look more towards a 1090 if you can, it will have a lot more torque down low for chilled out riding, but it still has a good top end from 6k-10k, whereas by 6200 the 1050 has hit peak power and has run out of puff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts