KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour,

Just got back from buying a 2003 125sx it goes ok in the band but doesn't pop up like other 125's I have ridden and I've been told ktm's have a very aggressive powerband and a leading (powerful) engine. Im thinking more towards the powervalve but I am unsure of how to adjust it?!? So if you could help with the adjustment and also if anyone has had similar symtoms and has found a cure to let me know, thanks in advance H,

Chow

·
Registered
364 Posts
Bonjour,

Just got back from buying a 2003 125sx it goes ok in the band but doesn't pop up like other 125's I have ridden and I've been told ktm's have a very aggressive powerband and a leading (powerful) engine. Im thinking more towards the powervalve but I am unsure of how to adjust it?!? So if you could help with the adjustment and also if anyone has had similar symtoms and has found a cure to let me know, thanks in advance H,

Chow
take the head off give the power valve a good clean make sure everything is in good order.

mate had the same problem throught it was the clutch slipping so replaced clutch plates and it was still the same lol

turned out to be loads of carbon built up around power valve that lifts up preventing its free movement

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No need to be a cunt about it is there. Only asking a question. Thought that's what forums are for. You to help not to be smart asses over the web? Nice one to the lad that replied to me with some knowledge. Cheers

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
No need to be a cunt about it is there. Only asking a question. Thought that's what forums are for. You to help not to be smart asses over the web? Nice one to the lad that replied to me with some knowledge. Cheers
Chill winston, this is a top forum with great bant!!! Your questions will always get answered !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeh I aint taking it to heart and I'm all for a bit of banter. But when u just wana know an answer and you get helmets posting elastic bands it's annoying, but sweet for the answers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok then, and I thought it was some ktm term or something. But anyway enough about me being dumb, I used to ride (about 2 years ago) on my kx85 over riverside mx Joyce green mx and the now shut down morelands mx in Chelmsford. Then one day my bike got stolen 'more cunts' and as I was learning to drive and getting cars etc I couldn't afford to get a new one untill now, but I'm heading over to Essex MX on Saturday and see how I get on over there, yourself's?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Turns out it was piston, went over Essex MX today and the piston ring went :( not bad for a first ride.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
still give the powervalve a clean - all it costs is a gasket for the front of the cylinder. There's a thread on ktmtalk.com for the 200exc on how to clean the powervalve. The 200exc has the same configuration on the powervalve as the 125 so it will be good for you. It's easy to do, all you need is a wire brush attachment for the drill and just clean it off. It transformed my bike when I did it and so did it everytime I changed rings after that. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts