KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys noob on this site,

I have 04 125 sx pretty much in mint condition but the other day I noticed a little pool of water lying under the bike I have traced the water back to a small hole on the very bottom of the engine right at the crank halves maybe hit a rock/stone, I don't know but it does look as if something has hit this area. I have stopped the leak by applying a little chemical metal on it job done. but I have been thinking how does water/coolant get to the very bottom of the engine is there suppose to be water here or do I have a internal water leak. there is no white mucus on oil filter cap, I do jet hose my bike after every blast but I have not been out in a week. Why did it leak water and not oil especially being at bottom of the engine the radiator was half empty I don't know how the coolant passages/veins work on these cant find a decent engine manual should I just take the chemy metal off due to water building up in engine now. could any one shine any light on this please.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would at first clean the bike, then dry it, then run it whilst watching for a leak! water is funny comes from miles away and makes you think its from this crack etc. is the coolant in the rad going down? its not come from a hose, then dribbled down there and the traces of it getting there have evaporated?

good luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would at first clean the bike, then dry it, then run it whilst watching for a leak! water is funny comes from miles away and makes you think its from this crack etc. is the coolant in the rad going down? its not come from a hose, then dribbled down there and the traces of it getting there have evaporated?

good luck
thanks i will try put a dye through the coolant system then see where i go from there thanks for your reply mate.

·
Premium Member
31,502 Posts
The waterpump seals have gone. Dont bung up that hole, its designed to let the water out instead of it going into the gearbox!

So do a seal swap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The waterpump seals have gone. Dont bung up that hole, its designed to let the water out instead of it going into the gearbox!

So do a seal swap.
haha your the the man i have just been told this info i now need to get the chemy metal
off what is the seal called??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts