KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi inmates! Well after a good few thousand miles the 1190 Adv is going to be replaced by a 1290 Adv S (half toyed with a SDGT but I'm just too darn tall!!) - only a few weeks to go.

Anyway - having not ridden the 1290 Adv at night, what's the collective wisdom on the "need" for auxillary lights??? On the 1190 they were fairly needed but on the 1290 with its fancy LED cornering thingy......????

If lights are needed, is there any more wisdom about any that are small and fairly unobstrusive? Thx

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've ridden my SAS at night. Definitely no need for additional lights in my opinion. Only ridden a couple of bikes with additional lights and didn't find much difference.

Daz

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
No need whatsoever as the LED's are pretty good, but the main party comes with the cornering lights that are addictive to get lit up!

Another plus is you also do not look like all those other auxiliary light bike brigade GS + clones.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Needed - No
Want - Yes
;)
Anybody who says they don't look good is a liar @KTMMarky
For me they look pointless on the road in daylight and even more so if you've a DRL. The GSA started the trend and for off road at night then of course they're a good idea, but all these bikes with three visible front lights are various angles look daft to me!

These and a high vis are the highlight of course!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
No, you’re wrong and I bet you wear one of those Polite Notice vests
And Dazza as well ;)
I take objection to personal comments on here.

Furthermore to be accused of being a 'liar' ought to come with some infallible evidence. As does being accused of being 'wrong' which again implies there is a categoric 'right'.

Suggest you consider what you put and how you put it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Back on track, and just for info..
The 'triangle of light' is supposed to be more conspicuous to the human brain/eye, hence the apparent aftermarket (..and personal choice) to fit maybe?

I'm not preaching, just saying.
I do not have them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,633 Posts
Robbo, keep the personal insults off the forum, everybody has their opinion but if you start making it personal then it starts to get messy.
Know what I mean mate??

Reactions: KTMMarky

·
Registered
64 Posts
Really? I’ve never made any personal insults I thought it was a tongue in cheek statement from him so put what I thought was an appropriate response.
people need to lighten up and not take things so seriously .....

·
Registered
117 Posts
While I agree with some of that, you'll notice bikes more because you ride a bike.

You could be lit up like a Christmas tree and some drivers still wouldn't see you. They are looking (sometimes!) for car size objects and just don't see bikes no matter what colours are involved.

Daz

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Assume you've not been seen irrespective of how many lights you've got, no matter what angle they may be pointing at..

Overdoing the lights can be a real irritant too to other road users..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts