KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought some clipons that I hope will work the 1290. They are quite high rise so shouldn't be too uncomfortable. Not sure when I'm going to fit them, but it would be nice to do it before the winter and have a shakedown test.

Blue Table Tableware Wood Kitchen utensil

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do it. I've been trying to decide between clip ons and flat bars.

Are you leaving the pegs and controls stock?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, it hasnt gone to plan. The Tardozzi clipons don't work with the Superduke. The knuckle on the 54mm fork tube clamp interferes with the headlight and clock mount when installed one way, and when installed the other way, hits the tank.

The 3inch rise 54mm Woodcraft clipons apparently work, but Im not sure Im interested now. These clipons were £166 and I don't think I'll be able to sell them as they only seem to fit Buell's. grrrrr

·
Registered
201 Posts
This must be something people have done, though, innit? There must be a pool of knowledge somewhere, from folk who have done it.

I think the SDR would look proper nasty with clip ons. But I can't make up my mind whether ot not that definitely means rear sets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts