KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an email from my local dealer (Lagunas in Kent) about a free Akrapovic with the 1290 Super Duke:

1290 Super Duke Free Akrapovic

Currently on a GSX1250FA which i've had for about 3 years. It's a great bike, comfy, powerful enough and nimble...but it's pretty tame.

Love the look of the 1290 Duke and i've heard good things in reviews, but 13k is a lot to spend and I just wanted to get a bit of feedback from chaps that've already taken the plunge on it.

Also, is the Akrapovic the best pipe for the 1290 or would I be better off haggling for money off the bike and going with something else?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
get them to throw in the full system and i might consider it (not withstanding the dealer has the reputation of a hard white turd)

but if you have 13k to spend on a bike whats another 2-3k ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have to say im surprised to hear all the ill feeling towards laguna. they've been spot on with my suzuki (including servicing lol)
booked in for a test ride tomorrow, i'll let you know how it goes

cheers for the help guys

·
Registered
9,879 Posts
have to say im surprised to hear all the ill feeling towards laguna. they've been spot on with my suzuki (including servicing lol)
booked in for a test ride tomorrow, i'll let you know how it goes

cheers for the help guys
I have had no problems with Laguna Ashford and I have been dealing with them for 10 years and bought a couple of bikes direct off them

that superduke looks badass - let us know how you get on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well what can I say, the 1290 SD is an absolutely phenomenal machine! Firstly I was surprised at just how smooth it was, even from stationary there's no noticeable kick or jolt like with my GSX1250. The second thing is that it's a really comfortable ride. I was only riding for about 30-40 mins but I reckon I could've gone another couple of hours before stretching my legs (I'm 6'2" so it's hard to come by bikes that I don't feel cramped on). Always felt like there was loads more power and it's really not surprising they call it 'The Beast'!

Just for the record, Mark at Lagunas was brilliant, really straight up and went through all the bike spec, finance, accessories etc. Taking my 1250 in for an appraisal this weekend, getting the deposit down and then I'll have a new toy in garage in about 3 weeks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts