KTM Owners Forum banner

1290 s - ktm my ride

18K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Philg25 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Recently bought a 1290 adv s with ktm my ride added as an extra. Paired it to my iPhone 6 and also to my schberth c4 intercom. However every time I go to use it , my bike is telling me to check my phone and headset connection. Both are connected by by Bluetooth but ktm my ride feature has a problem and won't 'talk' to my phone. Helmet is connected fine, plays music etc, but the bike won't communicate.

Has anyone else had this problem. I've unpaired both bike and phone but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts?

Thanks

#2 ·
scala rider q3

Hi.

I got my New Adventure S a the weekend with the KTM my ride. 1st i paired the phone. Then i paired the scala rider q3 headset to rider headset slot on the dashboard. I checked both connections and the bike said paired on both devices. Once i went into Audio, then i could play the music and take calls. The only thing i had to do is verify that the code on the bike was the same as the bluetooth code when pairing my iPhone 6. I did have to un-pair my headset to my phone before i connected both to the bike. Hope this helps. Richard

#4 ·
Thanks Richard I'll try that - possibly one way I haven't tried. Spoke to dealer and they think it's a bigger problem but we'll see. Bike's going in anyway cause it's now developed a fuelling problem at only 150 miles!! hope it's not yellow, instead of orange!!:eek:

#5 ·
I had high hopes for playing music from my phone via the MY Ride feature but I think that it will not work as expected.

Although I initially had both phone (Nexus 5, so quite old in today's phone life span) and Cardo Sho-1 but when I tried to play music it refused to connect. I tried various options including deleting the pairing, but it never deleted the phone name entry until I tried to pair an mp3 bluetooth player in the phone slot.

Because I have both phone and headset paired to my TomTom 400, I think that this is the issue. Since I want to hear the SatNav, and I don't see a way for a SatNav to be paired with My Ride, I am able to receive phone calls via the TT, but I am unable to listen to music.

IMHO, the My Ride is over-rated and disappointing for the above reasons and although the TFT dash is a major improvement over most other manufacturer's and makes configuration of the bike's settings easy, the Nav5 set up on my GS was far superior in terms of useful information.

#6 ·
Your experience and thoughts are exactly like mine Richard. I too paired to mt Tom Tom, via iphone and KTM mt ride but they refused to communicate, so like you I deleted Sat nav and this helped, I got my intercom back but the functionality of the KTM my ride doesn't work . Like you, this was one of the deciding factors when buying the bike for me, so if I cannot get it working correctly, i will be disappointed.

My dealer is going to look into the issue when I take the bike in so I will update, hopefully at the weekend , on what they find, if anything. Love the bike though , it's really nice but I just want things to work as described, which I don't think is asking too much.

Fingers crossed!

#7 ·
ktm my ride

I got iPhone 7 paired to 1290 adventure s (2017) and paired my sena smh5 then my Garmin 395lm .Everything works perfect music, phone calls .music mutes when sat nav gives directions. only problem i have is when i switch bike off and come back i have to go all though the pairing process again. The phone & headset seems it loses memory With the bike.Just a thought KTM do a dongle £82 which is supposed to keeps all settings !!! if this is case after i spent nearly 16k with extras why didn't the salesman tell me i need this dongle. I could be wrong but if any one knows this please say

#9 ·
I have my IPhone and scada rider Q3 both paired to the SA S, I too thought I had to keep pairing them but I have since found that if I just wait it all comes back as expected. Simply turn on Q3, start bike and ride off, go to myride after a couple of miles and it is all working. TomTom 410 connecs to second channel on Q3 and all is good to go,

#12 ·
I to am having connection issues galaxy s7 sena head
set works great but when i try amd lord have i tried all ways possible it just keeps failing .
I have had dashboard navigation and headset connections
But as soon as i stop the bike it loses directional display keeps the sound nav most of the time
Like today . Pain in the a_s- i hate being told a product works fine and doesn't anybody got any ideas how to link it up as I've tried all ways deleting phone and headset repairing ect ect ect .

#15 ·
It's definitely got better. When I first got my bike (Aug '18). It was pretty much unusable. Just kept disconnecting all the time. Most I could get it to stay connected was about 10 minutes.

Improved over first 6 months and seems fine now. Rode from Derbyshire to Edinburgh last time I used it properly and it was fine the whole way.

Bike is on latest software and app up to date.

Daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.