KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few thoughts on the KTM Power parts Ergo seat i have acquired, after buying my 1290 SAS last September i noticed after a few rides how hard and unforgiving the stock riders seat is ,so i decided to try the KTM Ergo riders seat, what a difference!.. more supportive and comfortable from the off and even though its supposed to be slightly higher than the stock seat you would'nt know it, i can still get the balls of both feet down easily, makes you wonder why it is'nt fitted as standard?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just a few thoughts on the KTM Power parts Ergo seat i have acquired, after buying my 1290 SAS last September i noticed after a few rides how hard and unforgiving the stock riders seat is ,so i decided to try the KTM Ergo riders seat, what a difference!.. more supportive and comfortable from the off and even though its supposed to be slightly higher than the stock seat you would'nt know it, i can still get the balls of both feet down easily, makes you wonder why it is'nt fitted as standard?
£££ <<< think these answer your wonders why question.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I'm amazed that so many of you rave about the ergo seat.

My 1190 came with 6,000 miles on the clock and all on the standard seat, and I found that to be fine.
Winter '19 I acquired a used heated ergo seat and got round to trying it last September. I found it to be at best no better but possibly worse than my standard seat.

The extra height is nice from a bike feel prospective but it has put my head a little higher so my helmet is now just into the turbulent air from the screen, so I needed to rework screen & spoiler system a little, which now needs to be higher and more in my eye line. A minor annoyance but if I gaining no benefit from the seat then why put up with it.

This coming season I'll start on the ergo seat and then revert back to the OEM, and if the OEM doesn't feel worse the Ergo will be sold on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess everyone's arse is different but the standard seat on my 2020 1290S was so uncomfortable. I could start to feel the discomfort at about 10 minutes in to my ride. I thought it would break-in like you do.. but the pain reminded of torture scenes reminiscent of the scenes from SAW movie series. The ergo seat was for me a world apart in the comfort status.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I found the 1090 / 1190 / 1290 stock seats all crap.

The Mrs tried both the 1090 and 1190 standard seats when I bought the 1090, hoping she would of found one OK, but ended up having to buy another pair of Ergo's for the other bike.

When the 1090 went and the 1290 came along we both tried the 1290 seat and both found that shit as well, depsite it looking promising visually.

Not saying the Ergo is perfect, in fact I would probably say as seats go it is fairly average and the sort of comfort and quality the original seat should be on a £14k+ bike,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts