KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any interest in these?
I made one for myself as I couldn't find anything that did what I wanted it to do. They were either flimsy Chinese bits or beautifully made (expensive) CNC alloy items.
Or they were like the PP item and gave you only one position for your sat-nav or phone and (reputedly wobble about)
Anyway, I made my own using 3D printed PETG, 3K carbon fibre tubing and brass and stainless steel fixings.
I have enough material left to make a few more but not really sure how to sell them, I don't seem to have got much interest on eBay so maybe no interest?

I can make them for £35 inc a universal clamp and GPS mount, I can also make up mounts for most things, currently all for 22mm tube but can adapt them.
What do you guys think? any good?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I thought the power parts mount was wobbly. Turns out the centre mount bar it’s on a adjustable spline Spring loaded so you just push it sideways swivel to desired angle and click back , useful if the suns in your back tighten the screws up and make sure it’s clicked in place fully and it doesn’t wobble , but actually absorbs vibes on bumpy roads

·
Registered
97 Posts
That’s great mate. I bought the PP one a few weeks ago and I would deffo thought about yours. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all
It's very odd trying to figure out what people like and want, I thought I'd be a millionaire this time next year with these :) but nothing, nada ...oh well another one for the big box of failures at the back of my workshop :(
I made a bracket to mount the SD exhaust can on a SAS and that thing generated more interest than Pamela Anderson's swimsuit

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Thanks all
It's very odd trying to figure out what people like and want, I thought I'd be a millionaire this time next year with these :) but nothing, nada ...oh well another one for the big box of failures at the back of my workshop :(
I made a bracket to mount the SD exhaust can on a SAS and that thing generated more interest than Pamela Anderson's swimsuit
Dont give up Your mount is really nice , especially if you want your phone up there as well .I guess your just up against all the other choices and most people have got one sorted already , so your market is just new owners
Try putting it on the Facebook owners page , lots more interest there in this bike and extras for it
there are so many looking for mounts for super duke cans that work alongside the luggage adapter.
just added a link to this on the Facebook page for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mount looks great, sadly just bought a Heavydutybars one or you’d have an order for sure. Keep plugging it 👍

Am interested in details for the Superduke exhaust bracket tho...and any spare Pammy swimsuits you may have 😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm keeping the swimsuits, sorry

PMd you with details of the Sd exhaust bracket

·
Registered
169 Posts
I’m just debating a switch from 1190 to 1290 and if I do I’ll want something like this as what I use on the 1190 won’t transfer.

Is it strong and stable being put on the screen mount like that?

As for selling your creations I reckon you just got to keep plugging away - don’t give up

·
Registered
169 Posts
That’s very generous, thank you.

Sadly due to the success of the current 1290 discounts even if I order it tomorrow it will be November before I get the bike so it’ll be a fair wait before I could test for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
November?
No worries, I can't see anyone wanting to give me gainful employment anytime soon :confused::giggle:
They're more interested in uni degrees than 40 years experience 😤 ... rant over

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Try putting it on the Facebook owners page , lots more interest there in this bike and extras for it
there are so many looking for mounts for super duke cans that work alongside the luggage adapter.
just added a link to this on the Facebook page for you.
Thanks for that, no idea how the Facebook thing works 😕 must figure that out
I've been working on the SD exhaust and panniers with someone else as I don't have the boxes to play with. I could sort it (I would have thought) if I had some

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Not sure how it would sell , but there’s Seems to be a few Like me not using the hard cases Because of thier size and wieght .
A simple support bracket that slots into the Lower luggage mount And fixes to the upper mount somehow , to support throwovers would be great , saving the huge costs of all the fangle systems like kriega etc .

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Thanks for that, no idea how the Facebook thing works 😕 must figure that out
I've been working on the SD exhaust and panniers with someone else as I don't have the boxes to play with. I could sort it (I would have thought) if I had some
The exhaust bracket simply needs to bolt behind the existing luggage mount , in the same way the original does . Basically a chopped down original mount is what’s needed I think

1 - 20 of 33 Posts