KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what they do at the 2 year service? Mine is due this month.

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must try looking at the manual one day! No differences from my 2018, so should be the same.

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What should be the cost of this service with ktm?
You seem to have access to a device that connects to the internet, this should allow you to get contact details for dealers and ask them ;-)

Can vary quite a bit from one dealer to another, also depends on miles as well as age, if you have done 18K it will need tappet check which adds cost, if any need changing it adds more cost, on the other side if you do about very low miles you might not even need a new air filter.

Could be anywhere from £250 to £600 depending on mileage and dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah thanks for that, any how’s what I should have asked is after the 2 year warranty period is up is it still worth the main dealer service costs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say it's still worth getting dealer serviced. Would do it with any bike (except my 20 year old Firestorm!).

Daz

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Personally I think dealers Rarely do it properly , so much gets skipped because it looks ok , like steering head bearings they probably just yank the forks like an mot tester to check and turn steering side to side , it can still be slack but not knocking And that little nip up can transform the handling . So many items like that and so often a lad doing the job while the mechanic is on more difficult stuff . It the only way they get through the workload in some places .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I trust my mechanic 100% as I've known him personally for years. So I know everything gets done as it should. Like when I got me warranty discs, he called me to tell me they hadn't provided pads with the claim and wasn't happy to proceed, so I told him not to until I got KTM to supply pads as well. I know places that would have told him just to put them on and get the bike out the door.

Agree that's probably not always the case though.

Daz

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I trust my mechanic 100% as I've known him personally for years. So I know everything gets done as it should. Like when I got me warranty discs, he called me to tell me they hadn't provided pads with the claim and wasn't happy to proceed, so I told him not to until I got KTM to supply pads as well. I know places that would have told him just to put them on and get the bike out the door.

Agree that's probably not always the case though.

Daz
Great if you’ve got someone like that , I used to have but he moved on and now I just don’t know whats happening . Good mechanics are hard to find , but so many don’t get rewarded as they should so iether stop caring or just move on . I did just that many years ago when I was a mechanic , now in a different trade , but it’s given me the knowledge to spot the crap that happens .

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I recently had my first service carried out... And just happened to ask the cost of the next 2 year service? Told around £800.00! 😯 If bike has done near the 18,000 miles...
Blimey... I negotiate the first 2 services when I buy the bike which takes me to the end of the KTM warranty, so no nasty surprises.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blimey... I negotiate the first 2 services when I buy the bike which takes me to the end of the KTM warranty, so no nasty surprises.
Sounds like a good idea for the future... Even that well known German brand don't charge those prices for a service... Maybe an Italian bike service might be similar...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts