KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
15,905 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks like its got different wheels, forks and seat unit as well as the fugly akra can....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I thought that was a gold fork as I'm guessing it's got the suspension upgrade. Is there a point to this bike or am I missing the point. Seems to be an r with power parts bits that anyone could put on their own bike. I thought limited editions were something special. If KTM aren't going to put a full Akra system on then they shouldn't have bothered at all. It's a bit half arsed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I thought that was a gold fork as I'm guessing it's got the suspension upgrade. Is there a point to this bike or am I missing the point. Seems to be an r with power parts bits that anyone could put on their own bike. I thought limited editions were something special. If KTM aren't going to put a full Akra system on then they shouldn't have bothered at all. It's a bit half arsed.
Yes--it seems the same idea as the 990R ---single seat ,probably "upgraded " (ie stiffer ) suspension and some cosmetic changes --carbon bits etc. The photo shows the Powerparts rearsets and tailtidy as well as the Akra endcan. Fork reflector looks mounted on the front mudguard bracket. It will need to meet EU5 regs,so I can`t see KTM upgrading the engine much ,if at all- particularly if the bike is only being produced in limited numbers. There`s no way it`ll be sold with the full Akra fitted as it won`t be EU5 legal for the road--I suppose the Akra could be supplied in a box as Ducati did with the Termi system on the 916SPS/998R etc. That will make it very expensive for what it is---as said a bit pointless.

61 - 80 of 146 Posts