KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Sure would, insurance would pay for it on the road. But only the rich or stupid would risk a bike that expensive on the track.
What else is it for?

·
Administrator
9,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
They will sell them all in no time

·
Registered
15,905 Posts
Honestly, it looks wank, those wheels look like they’re off a 2005 BMW K1200S and that exhaust 🙄

I like the carbon rear and I bet it goes well but will be too stiff for the road with that high end stuff on, don’t like the paint job either

·
Registered
133 Posts
I really don't like the Ducati , I saw one in the flesh yesterday and sorry but nah its not my bag
I'm with you. I parked next to one on Sunday. First time I'd seen one. You can see all the wires, pipes and gubbins. Looks a mess. Those wings are nasty cheap plastic. More people looking at my SDR than the Ducati.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If it had a decent power upgrade it would appeal more. As is its just tricked out for the track. Agree with the above, it'll likely be too harsh on the road. Not a fan of the Ducati either. Hate the sight of that mono-brow headlight! Watched a YouTube vid recently about first service oil tests on different manufacturers. Aprilia and Ducati came out very bad along with the chinese makes. KTM were a close third behind BMW and Royal Enfield. There was all sorts of shite and contaminants in the Italian engines.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’d rather buy a Streetfighter, at least with that you get suspension you can change while riding and probably doesn’t have all the faults that this bike has.
StreetFighter needs a larger fuel tank, its only good for 135-155kms before fuel light. i can get up to 280kms on my 1290R before fuel light. The SF only passes the 1290 in HP, once it reaches 12,500revs. But the SF does look stunning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I had the choice I would go for the V4S it's nearly £1500 cheaper :eek:
Test rode both the V4s and the SDR just before xmas. Wanted the duke to start with, chose the SDR. Sure the panigale v4 is face-meltingly fast at 8K+ but badly fuelled below and slightly frustrating to ride. The dealer would not cut me deal and even intimated it would cost me more than RRP to get one (covid dontcha know). Got a great deal on my SDR and the insurance was nearly 1/2 the price. KTM dealer was much nicer to deal with as well. The Akrapovic option for the ducati was a hilarious £4K as well.

I don't know how much better the RR is than the R, but, for me, the standard SDR is just a better all-round bike than the Streetfighter

·
Registered
17,248 Posts
Not if you have 3rd party
Not here unfortunately, no insurance on track.
Years ago my mate had a low side on his new SP2 at Philip Island. He waited a week and tried to claim insurance as a road accident.
The assessor came out.
He said there was a track day last week, if I take that soil sample from the swingarm and kitty litter hidden behind the fairing, I tipping it matches our samples from Philip Island! No shit.
So do you want to reconsider your fraudulent act now?
Yes sir.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I still want one.....I'm too much of a tart to not want it but I'd want a full system too... then I remember I have a shit job and a shitter wage 🤦‍♂️🤣

·
Registered
30 Posts
I assume you'll be able to buy the seat unit and tail tidy gubbins as it looks like the same subframe etc, that might make a nice update.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I assume you'll be able to buy the seat unit and tail tidy gubbins as it looks like the same subframe etc, that might make a nice update.
I suspect we won't be able to buy the tail section. Everything else on the RR except the wheels are available in the power parts catalogue. If you have spent £21,500 on a limited edition RR you wouldn't want us oiks on the single R getting our grubby mits on the special stuff.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
I suspect you won’t be able to buy the RR in the UK :mad:
KTM are cunts

101 - 120 of 146 Posts