KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice wheels. Setting aside the exhaust I think the RR is specced as you'd expect it to be and if you add up the individual upgrades over the standard bike I don't think it's outrageously overpriced - given its already sold out you could argue KTM could have charged even more for it? The issue for me is that the R is already a superb bike and most of the RR upgrades will only come into their own if you're using it on track but how many people buy a naked bike, and a £21k one at that to use on track? The RR is simply a halo bike for KTM and I don't have a problem with that, it'll be interesting to see if they're tempted to get greedy and make more..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice wheels. Setting aside the exhaust I think the RR is specced as you'd expect it to be and if you add up the individual upgrades over the standard bike I don't think it's outrageously overpriced - given its already sold out you could argue KTM could have charged even more for it? The issue for me is that the R is already a superb bike and most of the RR upgrades will only come into their own if you're using it on track but how many people buy a naked bike, and a £21k one at that to use on track? The RR is simply a halo bike for KTM and I don't have a problem with that, it'll be interesting to see if they're tempted to get greedy and make more..
I recon they will make more or at least 500 every year.
i also thought about the extras It has over the r and you could easy spend more getting an r somewhere near it.
worrying thing is it shows what people are willing to pay so let’s watch prices rise again.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I think the RR will only be bought by wankers to wobble round race tracks at the back of the field, shitting themselves in case they bin it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I heard the RR was going to be the new 2024 model, this was nearly a year ago from someone heavily connected with KTM. I was surprised to see it so soon and as a special edition. You never know?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know why people finance bikes when you can get a bank loan at much more favourable interest/repayments. For instance, 8k borrowed from Santander paid over 5 years equals total repayment of £8670. That's cheap in my opinion.

·
Administrator
9,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
I don't know why people finance bikes when you can get a bank loan at much more favourable interest/repayments. For instance, 8k borrowed from Santander paid over 5 years equals total repayment of £8670. That's cheap in my opinion.
Because most people cannot get the unsecured loan at the rate you are suggesting. With bike finance its secured on the vehicle therefore the lending criteria lower, but a higher interest rate.

·
Administrator
9,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Reactions: Bollocks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Still smiling at the price...20K.. latest Specialized electric mountain bike is 13K the Katoom seems a bargain.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts