KTM Owners Forum banner

1290 SDR R is coming

18K views 163 replies 30 participants last post by  Freakuk 
#1 ·
Blinged up version of the SDR at around £20k. Heard it from the horses mouth today. 500 units world wide and probably 50 to the UK.

Should be on sale in around 6 weeks.

#13 ·
For as long as I can remember "special editions" of motorcycles are generally a new paint scheme and the accessory catalog thrown at it. Unless a model is being homologated for racing its general aesthetics only. The Akra system might come in the box to be installed by the customer. Pretty sure I remember Ducati doing that with Termignoni exhausts. Also, 20k. Wow.

#19 ·
SDR is KTM's race bike, currently they don't do one with full fairing and clip-ons, so it's a bit of a one off as all the other 'super-nakeds' are sports bikes with the fairings removed.
Look at the prices of the limited edition Pangales/Streetfighters/HP4/Tuono V4X/Superleggera etc.. makes the KTM look cheap.

#28 ·
Everything I’ve seen suggests lots of PP stuff, akra slip on, upgraded suspension, lighter wheels, paint scheme. Nothing you can’t buy anyways.

basically weight saving but no addition power, I think they’re worried about the V4S streetfighter but I don’t see why. All I’ve seen is the streetfighter is track focused and all the power is top end, not what you need on a naked road bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.