KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this and have passed 1000 km. I see that the calculation for the gas consumption, in the display, is wrong. Showing around 8 ltr / 100 km when the actual consumption is less than 5 ltrs. Hoped that a new software version would fix this, but no new updates at the 1000 km service today...

Sent fra min SM-G998B via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Did nobody ever tell you not to buy the 1st model year of a new super-duper motorcyle, it will be fixed for the 2023 version - 2021 = beta testing, by the time that's finished the 2022's are coming off the production line as they try and figure out the fixes, by 2023 all will be good - just in time for the new model in 2024....

...My moneys going on an end of line discounted 2023.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just bought this and have passed 1000 km. I see that the calculation for the gas consumption, in the display, is wrong. Showing around 8 ltr / 100 km when the actual consumption is less than 5 ltrs. Hoped that a new software version would fix this, but no new updates at the 1000 km service today...

Checked following a fill up I did yesterday and on board computer is nearly spot on but that is in proper Miles per Imperial gallons ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can honestly say I've never cared about what mpg any bike I've ever had does. When it needs fuel, fill up. Job done.

Think my new one has pretty much exactly the same tank range as the last one (a 2018) so guessing the mpg is pretty similar. Never checked it though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, but since it is far away from correct, I wondered if other have the same issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Can take quite a few miles (or kilometers in your case) for the engine to free up properly.

Also depends on so many other factors. I consistently get about 200 miles to a tank which is with spirited riding, so that'll do me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have calculated the consumption myself, but the stated consumption on the display is far off...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just enjoy riding it. Who cares what the consumption says! Tyre pressure values differ from my guage too, but I just set them using mine and get on with it.

There are a couple of software issues that I'm sure will get fixed with time. Just use range left/trip counter/fuel gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts