KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Are you kidding?

"Sadiq Khan, the mayor of London, the city hit hardest by the outbreak, urged the public to stay home, saying that people will die if social distancing rules are flouted.
He told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show: "Life has changed, we have got to do things differently for a while now. Social interaction leads to the disease spreading, leads to people dying."

It's just not worth it. Stay at home.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Just listened to the Prime Ministers broadcast 5mins ago, they are not closing parks and recreational areas, they want people to still be able to go out and enjoy the outdoors as long as everyone observes the social distancing recommendations (2meters apart).
Sure. I'm watching the broadcast now and I understand the rationale but as they keep saying, the underlying principal is to stay away from each other. It's not that you can hang out together as long as they stay two metres apart. They are saying to avoid as much social contact as possible and if you HAVE to come into contact with someone, stay at least two metres apart.

The point is, why do we need to go riding at this point in time? We don't. We need to stay at home and use the limited time we leave the house to get sensible isolated exercise or buy necessary provisions.

I want to ride as much as anyone but it's unnecessary and irresponsible.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Don't want to upset anyone so deleted. :)
Sorry Frogger.. I think the training you're running is really cool and if I was nearer then I'd like to attend, just think at this point in time, we should err on the side of caution. I know it's shit. I'm out of work from April and won't get anything until after it all calms down so I'm not sitting here on my high horse. Just want us all to club together and try and do our bit.

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's no big deal bud. We are all in different personal positions, we all have different perceptions of risk, don't want to cause upset so, no biggie. (y)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
It's no big deal bud. We are all in different personal positions, we all have different perceptions of risk, don't want to cause upset so, no biggie. (y)
I guess my view is it's not necessarily the/my/your perception of risk - I'd love to go on my own and practice trials and I don't think there would be much risk - but the instruction from those that should know more than me is to stay at home. So that's what I'm doing and try and encourage everyone else to do. Hard not to sound like a knob about it, I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts