KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
recently changed piston etc, powervalve sorted, new plug, my lad went out after 2laps seems to be missing at the top end never done this before, cleaned carb and airfilter, changed the fuel, fuel breather ok. but still missing at the top end

seems to be after a lap or so is this a cdi problem or coil thingy it does seem to be when its a little warm

gettin bit peed off my lad is. need some suggestions

regards simmo

·
Registered
20 Posts
my mate had this problem (on his 300 exc) and it was the coil,

been told there is no way too test this either (dont quote me as im no mechanic) other than buying a new one , he did and it cured the problem

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi nathf
yes were lookin down that avenue at the moment tryin another cdi unit as well hope it is the coil its a bit cheaper than a cdi lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Simmo

I have the exact same problem with my 144 at the moment, when I'm ringing its neck it misses really badly. Have a similar thread going below and guys have recommended playing with the main jet but would appreciate you posting your cure when you find it.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i will let you know, but ive not touched the jets its only just appeared this fault
the bikes up at dave clarke racing been there 2 weeks now hes off up to triple d 2 do a bit of part swappin 2 find out what the problem is he also thinks its an ignition fault
will inform you asp hoping to get it back end of week
regards simmo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts