KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, looking for a 2nd set of wheels for my 2021 690 enduro R. ideally wheels, typres, sprocket and disk with spacers etc for turnkey setup for me to swap back and forth as needed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for all the responses, im all set now!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Generally things are ok but im randomly getting an FI/ABS error. I reset it and then it comes back later, could be 10mins could be 1 hour, could be the next day. im told its most likely the spacer on the right hand side tripping the ABS sensor. I was going to try and put washers behind the ring to see if putting it closer to the senser fixes it. Another forum member said that fixed it for him.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Generally things are ok but im randomly getting an FI/ABS error. I reset it and then it comes back later, could be 10mins could be 1 hour, could be the next day. im told its most likely the spacer on the right hand side tripping the ABS sensor. I was going to try and put washers behind the ring to see if putting it closer to the senser fixes it. Another forum member said that fixed it for him.
Thanks Steve for your reply.

I have found your reply in thumpertalk that you talk about this.

1. How do you reset the ABS error?. With a OBD2 conector ?.
2. I supouse you have the EU version and you said you finally buy the KIT in warp9, do you recomend it?. Does it includes different spacers ?.
3. There is no needed to calibrate the wheel diameter?. In my previous 690 I had to change it because it displays wrong speed and kilometers gaps.

Sorry for all questions, I haven´t found any information in my dealer sop. Here in spain I don't see a lot of people with this bike year.

Best regards.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Steve for your reply.

I have found your reply in thumpertalk that you talk about this.

1. How do you reset the ABS error?. With a OBD2 conector ?.
2. I supouse you have the EU version and you said you finally buy the KIT in warp9, do you recomend it?. Does it includes different spacers ?.
3. There is no needed to calibrate the wheel diameter?. In my previous 690 I had to change it because it displays wrong speed and kilometers gaps.

Sorry for all questions, I haven´t found any information in my dealer sop. Here in spain I don't see a lot of people with this bike year.

Best regards.
1) yep i bought an ODB reader off of ebay and use that, it connects to the factory plug under the seat.

2) The Warp9 kit was fine, I used a local supplier for tyres and had them fitted. I re-used the factory spacer but found on other threads that it could be the distance from the ABS ring to the sensor being out which is tripping the light. i've just ordered a set of AS3 spacers to see if they make any difference, i notivce there is a small one on the left side which my factory wheel doesnt have.

3) the speedo is a litle bit out (under 10mph) but not much so i guess it self calibrates. I ahve no idea though how accurate it was before! I did buy a healtech speedo healer too but have not had time to fit it yet

I really struggled to find into too, everything seemed to be about the earlier models!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I meant to say supermotard kit with the rim size 17.

front size: 17x3.5
rear size: 17x4.25
I went for the 4.25" rear wheel as was told it is easier to get on and off than the 5" version, its already pretty tight so i think it was a good choice.

·
Administrator
10,865 Posts
I'm just about to do a similar process. I have a set of sm wheels with the 5" rear, they are OEM from a 2016 SMCR I have also purchased forks and triple clamps and rear shock from the same 2016 SMCR bike. I also have a radial caliper to fit. I'm not sure how everything will line up yet but I will start to strip and build up over this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1) yep i bought an ODB reader off of ebay and use that, it connects to the factory plug under the seat.

2) The Warp9 kit was fine, I used a local supplier for tyres and had them fitted. I re-used the factory spacer but found on other threads that it could be the distance from the ABS ring to the sensor being out which is tripping the light. i've just ordered a set of AS3 spacers to see if they make any difference, i notivce there is a small one on the left side which my factory wheel doesnt have.

3) the speedo is a litle bit out (under 10mph) but not much so i guess it self calibrates. I ahve no idea though how accurate it was before! I did buy a healtech speedo healer too but have not had time to fit it yet

I really struggled to find into too, everything seemed to be about the earlier models!
Hi @Stevehughes ,

Have you fit the As3 spacers and the healtech speedo?.

I wrote to warp9 to ask if they can fit the 5x17'' in the rear size and they answered me that it will work OK. But, when I tried to order it by email I haven't been answered (for 3 times I tried it).

AlpinaWheels said, that they don't know if theirs wheels can be used in this model.

So, I don't know where order it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fitted the AS3 spacers which looked the same to me but i didnt get the error again after resetting. To be fair I only did a short ride so am not sure if its really resolved yet. The Healtek is still on my desk as have not had time to fit.

Will try and get out on the bike over the weekend, if the error is back i'll try changing the ABS ring and see if that is somehow damaged. I do have a spare.

On the Size thing I found a few people online who compalined the 5" is a really tight fit, I can imagine that as my own 4.25" rear is pretty tight to swap over without marking anything.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you use the ABS rings off your standard wheels, if you did there's probably a compatibility issue regarding the number of slots due to the change in wheel sizes? I had to get some custom rings made up with a custom number of slots for my 1190 Adv R I put some different wheels on. The Adv R uses the rings for the speedo too, not sure if the 690's do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got it!!!

I have installed it but I can't test it because the front fork protector rub with the tire. @Stevehughes did you have the same problem?? I have installed 120x70x17 and maybe with a 100 it doesn't occurs.

I have seen the SMC 21 model uses a different one but it doesn't fit in the Enduro model.

Thanks
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Vehicle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep I did, you just cut the back of the fork protector with a dremel so it doesn’t rub. I’ve sold the bike now but it wasn’t too tricky..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will do it,

Have you sold it ?????? Why?. It's the best bike in the market XD. Now with Enduro and street tires you can use it every year!

Thanks for your reply
HA I just fancied a change. Most of those I did trail riding with have given up or moved away so I was actually never getting time to go out in the dirt. i've just had a new Ducati Hypermotard RVE delivered as its replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HA I just fancied a change. Most of those I did trail riding with have given up or moved away so I was actually never getting time to go out in the dirt. i've just had a new Ducati Hypermotard RVE delivered as its replacement.
Nice bike too. I hope you enjoy it a lot!

I forgot ask you if you uses the enduro's side stand or you change it for the SMC version. I haven't tested it but I think it could be very vertical with the original, the smc side stand it's shorter and the bike leans having more stability.

Other think that I forgot to buy Its the front fender of the SMC, It will be prettier if it fits OK.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts