KTM Owners Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KTM 690 Enduro R, previously 2019 KTM Excf350 6 Days
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Definitely have to change the stand otherwise the bike is really close to falling over - so be careful! The shorter stand was really cheap anyway

·
Registered
16 Posts
Done, everything fits perfect (...not at all)

I have no poblem with the ABS, no FI lights, anything!!. The key was to use the original enduro's hub, original ABS rings, and SMC rings (17').

I cut the front fork defenders to give space to the tire.

My only problem it's the speedo. I haven't compare the difference with the GPS speed but 170km/h in 5gear...it doesn't be real.

There is no other way to fit it without the healtech speedo healer?. I haven't found information for someone that uses it in our model.

I will appreciate information If someone have fixed it.

Thnks

·
Administrator
10,880 Posts
I have wheels from a 2016 SMCR.

It's not the hubs that is the issue, is the ECU is comparing the rotation of a 21" wheel and an 18" wheel. When you have two equal 17" wheels the ABS produces an error because its not seeing what it is expecting to see. It then causes an error and disables the ABS and theQuick Shifter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have wheels from a 2016 SMCR.

It's not the hubs that is the issue, is the ECU is comparing the rotation of a 21" wheel and an 18" wheel. When you have two equal 17" wheels the ABS produces an error because its not seeing what it is expecting to see. It then causes an error and disables the ABS and theQuick Shifter.
Maybe I will have the problem when I ride more km. I understand that you had this problem, how do you fix it?.

Regards

·
Administrator
10,880 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but from what I have read you need to change the ABS rings, front and rear to compensate for the change in wheel size. I have bought some from a guy in Adventure Bike forum, ill get them delivered this week. I'll let you know if it works.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts