KTM Owners Forum banner

17" supermoto wheel set for 2021 KTM 690 Enduro R (wheels/tyres/sprocket/disk etc)

8K views 42 replies 7 participants last post by  Double L 
#1 ·
As the title says, looking for a 2nd set of wheels for my 2021 690 enduro R. ideally wheels, typres, sprocket and disk with spacers etc for turnkey setup for me to swap back and forth as needed.

#4 ·
Generally things are ok but im randomly getting an FI/ABS error. I reset it and then it comes back later, could be 10mins could be 1 hour, could be the next day. im told its most likely the spacer on the right hand side tripping the ABS sensor. I was going to try and put washers behind the ring to see if putting it closer to the senser fixes it. Another forum member said that fixed it for him.

#6 ·
Thanks Steve for your reply.

I have found your reply in thumpertalk that you talk about this.

1. How do you reset the ABS error?. With a OBD2 conector ?.
2. I supouse you have the EU version and you said you finally buy the KIT in warp9, do you recomend it?. Does it includes different spacers ?.
3. There is no needed to calibrate the wheel diameter?. In my previous 690 I had to change it because it displays wrong speed and kilometers gaps.

Sorry for all questions, I haven´t found any information in my dealer sop. Here in spain I don't see a lot of people with this bike year.

Best regards.

#10 ·
I'm just about to do a similar process. I have a set of sm wheels with the 5" rear, they are OEM from a 2016 SMCR I have also purchased forks and triple clamps and rear shock from the same 2016 SMCR bike. I also have a radial caliper to fit. I'm not sure how everything will line up yet but I will start to strip and build up over this weekend.

#12 ·
I fitted the AS3 spacers which looked the same to me but i didnt get the error again after resetting. To be fair I only did a short ride so am not sure if its really resolved yet. The Healtek is still on my desk as have not had time to fit.

Will try and get out on the bike over the weekend, if the error is back i'll try changing the ABS ring and see if that is somehow damaged. I do have a spare.

On the Size thing I found a few people online who compalined the 5" is a really tight fit, I can imagine that as my own 4.25" rear is pretty tight to swap over without marking anything.

#15 ·
Did you use the ABS rings off your standard wheels, if you did there's probably a compatibility issue regarding the number of slots due to the change in wheel sizes? I had to get some custom rings made up with a custom number of slots for my 1190 Adv R I put some different wheels on. The Adv R uses the rings for the speedo too, not sure if the 690's do?

#19 ·
I will do it,

Have you sold it ?????? Why?. It's the best bike in the market XD. Now with Enduro and street tires you can use it every year!

Thanks for your reply
HA I just fancied a change. Most of those I did trail riding with have given up or moved away so I was actually never getting time to go out in the dirt. i've just had a new Ducati Hypermotard RVE delivered as its replacement.

#23 ·
Done, everything fits perfect (...not at all)

I have no poblem with the ABS, no FI lights, anything!!. The key was to use the original enduro's hub, original ABS rings, and SMC rings (17').

I cut the front fork defenders to give space to the tire.

My only problem it's the speedo. I haven't compare the difference with the GPS speed but 170km/h in 5gear...it doesn't be real.

There is no other way to fit it without the healtech speedo healer?. I haven't found information for someone that uses it in our model.

I will appreciate information If someone have fixed it.

Thnks

#30 ·
I have wheels from a 2016 SMCR.

It's not the hubs that is the issue, is the ECU is comparing the rotation of a 21" wheel and an 18" wheel. When you have two equal 17" wheels the ABS produces an error because its not seeing what it is expecting to see. It then causes an error and disables the ABS and theQuick Shifter.

#37 ·
I haven't found any information about how to change it in a +2021 models. It's locked and you can't change disconnecting the digital instrument.

I have written to healtech and they said it's not any model that works with this bike in this moment. They are trying to find a compatible version and they have retired the model that said @Stevehughes,because it doesn't work.

They told me we have to search the correct model in this web page. In this moment it doesn't show any speedo healer compatible.

We have to wait I think.
:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.