1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
clocks or gps, clocks can be 10% out

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
That's shifting. My standard rc8 did 156mph in 4th or 5th gear. I cant remember which. On a closed road.;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
i used to do alot of straight line top speed events and speedo's are shite, a hayabusa clock reading 205mph will only be doing 180ish:eek:, put a gps in your pocket and have another go (on your private race track;))

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Saw an indicated 172mph on my non-R on the Autobahn last year. (16 tooth sprocket up front)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i used to do alot of straight line top speed events and speedo's are shite, a hayabusa clock reading 205mph will only be doing 180ish:eek:, put a gps in your pocket and have another go (on your private race track;))
I had a GPS fitted to the bars last month for a trip to the 'Ring' my speedo was constantly over reading but only by 2 MPH, it was a constant difference as well.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
does it do skids too

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The RC8's speedo is supricingly accurate.
It's always going to be bit ower the real speed but close.
During the Cannonball bike run -09 got the non-r base model (which was stock no mods and had a tankbag on so couldn't fully tuck in) up to 278km/h indicated
This was on Moroccoan crap fuel with a ton of sand in the airfilter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I get in the 150's on the track all the time in 5th gear. It keeps pulling and I'd be able to go faster I just run out of room. Miller motorsports, where they have the WSB tour, has a "200 mph" track where I'll test it next summer and let you guys know... :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
My 2008 stock RC8 with 16t front sprocket gave me 169mph on the clocks, on the Autobahn this year, and 179mph on a Dyno run- the dyno will be spot on, but does not take into account the wind resistance.
Either way, it's fast enough for most mortals.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, I attached my gps to mine to make some comparisons and there was effectively no difference in the clocks and the gps readout. That was only up to about 110mph, but close enough to be trusted for a very good indication of what speed you're doing. So I agree, 170 on the clocks, is probably very close to a real 170.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Latest PerformanceBikes Magazine had a test with BMW HP2, Ducati 1098 and the KTM RC8.
Top speed on a standard -08 RC8 178,4 mph.

·
Registered
63 Posts
dont belive your own bullshit lads !! rc8 lucky to to see 160 in good conditions rc8r 163 max with pipe and standard gearing !!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
dont belive your own bullshit lads !! rc8 lucky to to see 160 in good conditions rc8r 163 max with pipe and standard gearing !!!!
Bloody hell mate - I'd take it back to the the dealer and make sure they put a 6th gear in your box.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
when they did your gearbox mod they took a gear out mate get it put back in;)

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
My speedo is accurate at 70mph because I asked a copper to do exactly 70mph on his police bike while I matched his speed on a Bikesafe day (after I was told my speedo was way out by a guy on a BMW something or other). I didn't bother asking for a top speed run with him on the A1, lol

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
My speedo is accurate at 70mph because I asked a copper to do exactly 70mph on his police bike while I matched his speed on a Bikesafe day (after I was told my speedo was way out by a guy on a BMW something or other). I didn't bother asking for a top speed run with him on the A1, lol
i think you'll find the bmw deos 2000trillion miles an hour if he is an rr owner he is and avid reader of fast bikes ! maybe he'll buy the new zx10 as thats meant to be better????? we'll just have to see what they say and then the sheep can decide on there next bike!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I've done easily 165mph and I could do higher but sparse traffic avoided me from doing...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts