KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have engine oil runnig down the rear of the sidestand leaving a small puddle after every run, cannot see where its coming from but did notice the smell of burning oil after the 1st service few weeks ago thought they had just spilt a bit on the can. As the oil filter and drain plug are that side assume its one of them, gonna drop it back to dealer but time is a problem at the mo :frown:
not over concerned just peed off as its a lot of hassle getting back up there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deffo not chain, oil is clean and clear, if I don't get chance to get back to dealers I will strip and find it.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
this is the relavant side of the engine. note the oil filter houseing and drain plug. also the clutch slave cylinder mount. sometimes oil is sent down that area from the oil breather in the air filter. a good inspection will tell you where it is comeing from before you get on your bike so to speak, to the dealers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i should have a look i suppose, i am just annoyed as its time i don't have, i have a project bike which takes up all my time and the idea of a new one is i don't have to spend time on it just ride it:D
Well i suppose its as good a time as any to learn about stripping it down

·
Registered
7,985 Posts
Plastic bottle that fits in the tail section mate with hoses running to catch any oil vapour before it gets to the airbox

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
For those who have installed the oil catch bottle on a 08 model.
Has any of you used this (it is supposed to go in the airbox above the throttle body of the rear cylinder):

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if this is causing my leak but had it on my xtz660 tenere and yam fitted a mod'ed breather under warranty which cured it.

·
Registered
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
7,985 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well leaving in a few minutes for Redline to get the leak checked out, sneakin off work so not too convenient but not been using it due to the leak. Bit pissed i paid £150 for a 1st service (feckin oil change :rolleyes:) and its leaking :frown:.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts