KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

new to the forum and also new to KTM

Picked up my 2001 LC4 640 today and everything appears to be good other than one thing, after a mate had been out for a quick run on it there were a few drips of fuel from a tube that hangs out of the bottom of the bike, it looks like it goes to the carb som im presuming its a drain, is it normal for them to do this when the bike comes to a stop? any help would be appreciated,

cheers

rob

·
Registered
7,600 Posts
guessing an over flow....... my 04 never leaks fuel
guessing again, maybe too much fuel in the carb

some one with a proper answer will be along soon....(kev or Mr Tittoo or some other bugger)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Had this, but on another bike, turned out the float hight in the carb needed adjusting

·
Registered
330 Posts
Happened to my RD350 before - turned out there was some dirt (sand) got into the carb, when I reassemble the tank. The float was stuck, hence the petrol over flow.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
hi

new to the forum and also new to KTM

Picked up my 2001 LC4 640 today and everything appears to be good other than one thing, after a mate had been out for a quick run on it there were a few drips of fuel from a tube that hangs out of the bottom of the bike, it looks like it goes to the carb som im presuming its a drain, is it normal for them to do this when the bike comes to a stop? any help would be appreciated,

cheers

rob
There is a bowl drain/flush facility on the carb - unscrew the screw and petrol floods down one of the pipes (hopefully into a waiting jam jar). This removes any small deposits or moisture which can make the bike hard to start or run roughly - especially if it has been sitting around unused for a while. Now it ain't unknown for muppets to then overtighten the screw (hard metal into a very soft alloy body), strip the thread and then have a wee leak. So a basic hygiene check might be to flush it anyway - you never know when it was last done and then gently tighten it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts