KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have recently bought a 2003 sx 125 supermoto and was riding it home all gears selecting fine I stop at a red light and go down to first, when I pull away from the lights and go up into second the gear lever wouldn’t come down again into the central position does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it thanks.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Broken return spring, bent gear lever shaft, jammed dog clutch/s or debris in the selector mechanism.
Start off by removing the clutch and having a look underneath where the selector lever turns the drum, other wise engine out and split the casings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Broken return spring, bent gear lever shaft, jammed dog clutch/s or debris in the selector mechanism.
Start off by removing the clutch and having a look underneath where the selector lever turns the drum, other wise engine out and split the casings.
I’m thinking it may be the return spring as I can gently tap down on the lever and then I’m able to kick up to third gear

·
Premium Member
31,547 Posts
Easy repair, it's under the clutch cover, not deep inside the engine.

Reactions: ktm808
1 - 5 of 5 Posts