KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need to MOT my 450SMR, the previous owner registered the bike for Road use however it seems that although the bike has a rear brake light it is not connected in any way to either brakes.

I have searched but been unable to find a definitive answer, If i were to buy a rear and front brake light switch from a 450 EXC from around the same year would this be a direct fit? Or is did the front and rear brake levers differ from the EXC due to the SMR not being a factory road legal bike.

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks, Lucas

·
Registered
493 Posts
Check the parts diagram on both models to see if part numbers are the same or even if you are just running the stock front brake and rear for the smr. Then get the switches for the particular brakes fitted.

·
Premium Member
31,489 Posts
The EXC rear light switch can be used in the front and rear brake on the SMR. Dont use an EXC front switch.

When you go for MOT, tape up the rear light lens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The EXC rear light switch can be used in the front and rear brake on the SMR. Dont use an EXC front switch.

When you go for MOT, tape up the rear light lens.
Thank you for your help, 2 rear brake switches ordered. Looks like it's going to require re-bleeding of the brake lines too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts