KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Need orange advice. I have a KTM alarm dealer fitted. Was all ok until winter and my battery flattened. All sorted and using a optima charger for cold periods. However, if i use my alarm, it arms, and then goes off the moment the arming period has passed. I have checked all connections and they seem ok. Anyone got any ideas ? Bike works fine otherwise. Thanks:frown:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
isnt there a swictch under the seat that gives probs.....if there is disconnect it

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
Hi Rooster,

As Cash has already said, it will almost certainly be the pin switch under the seat. It's not an unusual fault as they can be damaged quite easily. The way to check is carefully pull off the lucar terminal which will be at the bottom of the switch, making sure that the terminal (on the end of the wire) is not touching any metal surface on the bike (earth)

Then arm the alarm, and if the siren doesn't sound at the end of the arming period (30 seconds) this confirms that the fault is with the switch.

My advice would be to replace the switch, rather that merely disconnect it, bearing in mind that the KTM alarm is made by Meta and therefore one of the best alarms on the market and also, if you had the alarm fitted for insurance purposes, it may invalidate any claim you may make in the future.

:D:D:D

Hi. Need orange advice. I have a KTM alarm dealer fitted. Was all ok until winter and my battery flattened. All sorted and using a optima charger for cold periods. However, if i use my alarm, it arms, and then goes off the moment the arming period has passed. I have checked all connections and they seem ok. Anyone got any ideas ? Bike works fine otherwise. Thanks:frown:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Throw the alarm in the bin and get an almax chain and squire padlock , problem solved :D
Perfect solution. Nobody bothers if an alarm goes off. Almax chain ..................... perfect.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ta all. Ta Majesty ... will check the switch. Chrisboy - spot on. The alarm is so I can get my f''king huge RPG7 targeted on the bastarb sawing my anchor off and blow his f'ing head off. :) This being the case ... then alarms have their uses .....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Checked the switch - magnetic switch - and all is ok. So what other sensors are on this alarm? I guess that there is a movement sensor/vibration switch located in the alarm unit itself yes ? and i guess that there is an ignition voltage sensor. And I guess thats it? Anything else ? Since my electrics are running ok then i am thinking that the likelyhood of a short to the unit ignition sensor is unlikely. So then the vibration switch is the culprit? Any ideas before I open up the unit ? ... apart from binning it thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
On second thoughts, it's probably not a good idea to post security information on the forum. If you want to PM me, I'll do my best to help..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts