KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 2007 Ktm exc 250 F.

I have just bought a set of supermoto wheels but am having trouble with the spacers / bearings that came with them.

The Front wheel - is marked with the following, 17xMT 3.5H2-10073-09 03 KTM E DOT-D and has a 120/60/17 Michelin Pilot Sport tyre fitted. The spacers look about the same size as the original ones off the 21" wheel but the spindle size is to small.

The Rear - is marked with the following, 17xMT 4.25H2-10001 10 03 KTM E-DOT-D and has a 150/60/17 Michelin Pilot Sport tyre fitted. The spindle diameter is the same as the original 18" wheel but the spacers look to wide.

Can anyone help with the correct bearing / spacer sizes.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sounds like they're wheels from an earlier model. Before 03 KTM front spindles were 20mm (26mm now and on yours). You can get a kit from KTM that will allow you to use that wheel (just check that it's not also mechanical speedo drive). EDIT - may be 17mm if from an even earlier model!
Rear - is it the spacer on the disc side that is too thick/wide? If so, it's probably an LC4 wheel. Just whip the spacer out of that side and replace with your existing one. You might find there's a spacer behind the disc, take that out aswell.

EDIT again - it's always possible someone has laced KTM rims (usually Behr) onto hubs from another bike! Stick some pics up....

·
Premium Member
31,658 Posts
Knock out the disc side spacer on the rear wheel and swap it for the one off your dirt wheel. Remove the spacer shims from behind the disc if fitted.

Knock out the spacers from the front wheel and see if the dirt ones fit as it may be a later wheel that has been converted to 20mm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi guys thanks for the replies.
I found that the guy I bought the wheels from had put the rear wheel spacers the wrong way round, right side on left and vice versa.
Did what you said Kev for the front wheel spacers and they now fit the original spindle.
Many thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.