KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale, I have my barely used 2008 KTM 690 SMR.

The bike was registered late December 2008 and is on a 58 plate. At the time of posting it has 900 miles on the clock. It comes with a professionally fitted Acumen Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser as well as extras such as a skid plate, hand guards, crash bobbins on both the forks and swing arm and orange rim tape that sets off the black cast alloys perfectly. The first service was carried out by Fowlers in January, when the fly-wheel was changed, in-line with advice from KTM UK.

The bike comes with a remaining 20 months KTM warranty and the MOT is not due until December 2011. The tax is due at the end of May.

The bike has no outstanding finance, has never been involved in an accident and I am the owner and holder of the V5. All receipts are available as proof of purchase, service and supplied extras.

It's priced at £4250, no offers. Selling to fund another bike purchase.

Viewing is welcomed and recommended. Test ride available with full asking price in cash up-front, both parts of driving licence and proof of insurance. Sale is provided on a cash upon collection basis. Any more questions, please do not hesitate to message me and I'll provide my phone number.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi guys

Was just wondering...

Am I asking too much? What sort of price would you put on this bike? I know how much I paid for it, obviously, I just want some advice as to whether you think the price is right.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Fowlers are selling new ones for £5395 so personally i'd want more than a £500 saving on a secondhand bike even with the extras

·
Registered
931 Posts
You can get a new 690 SMR for just over £5k - Leisure trail selling 2 at £5,195.

Would suggest £4,500 is tops I am afraid maybe even £4,250 :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input. I've dropped it by another £100 in the hope that it drums up a little more interest. Like I said though, I am more than willing to accept offers. I don't think I'll be going as low as £4250 though. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I've got it advertised at £4795 and Jon wants to pay £4250 for it. I think meeting in the middle at £4500 is more than fair.

·
Registered
11 Posts

hi i understand where your coming from but thats all i have to spend
i will just buy an older one and have some money left towards some goodies for it

with thanks jon

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's fair enough. There's a shed load of watchers on my bike now and I've had a fair bit of interest, so I'm confident it will sale.

Best of luck finding what you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL, yeah, I'm one of them. Probably less than 10 miles away from you judging by dialing code. If I had the cash I'd be half tempted unless you want to swap for a Superduke ? :)
Nah, not interested in a Superduke. Thanks anyway. I'm in need of cold hard cash to fund me a possible CBR or GSXR streetfighter project. I want to be different, just like everyone else. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is everybody frightened to make offers? I've had a couple of ridiculous ones and a more realistic one of £4250. Anything above that would seriously be considered. So if you're interested make me an offer and you could be riding away on a bargain bike.

What's the worst that can happen? I'll only bite your nose off. ;)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.