KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought myself a 2009 150sx to do some enduro's on. I rode it for the first time yesterday at Enduroland and the throttle stuck open causing the bike to flip! I landed on my arse and the bike took off by itself! I've read about these bikes having problems but I thought I'd ask on here.

I'm yet to strip the bike down but when I do, i know I'm loking for scores on the needle and dirt on the cable which can cause it to jam. The only worrying thing is I'm pretty sure the bike accelerated by itself as I was slowing down just before it happened... Is there anything else I should be looking for?

After having 5 months off riding due to an injury I then come back to this, my arse is killing me today! Not a very good start on the confidence building :hmh:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
lock wire your cables where they go into the carb so they cant jump out a get caught , also make sure they are not hooked up on the tank and give them a lube

lots of post on the KTM section on thumpertalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.