KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I ride a Street triple R but am looking to upgrade my scooter commuter to a 690.

Im looking to get a 2010 KTM 690 SMC second hand, 2600 miles with an akra zorst.

I have run an HPI check on the bike and it has come up clear. It was not stolen, no finance owning

I can get it cheaper than advertised and for a year old bike it seems like a bargain.

Am I mad looking at one of these for central London only. (parked in garage at home and garage at work only) Seems like the perfect tool.

Would be nice to hear your opinion for London use, commuting only 5 miles through central London.

What should I look out for in regards to visiting the bike. How much is the second service. (after one year)

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Honestly....if all you're going to use it for is a 5 mile central London commute, it's going to be a waste. The SMC will handle the commute but it needs to be ridden outside the M25 to get the most out of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cripsy,

I would defiantly be taking it outside of the M25 but I have a street triple R so won't be short of wheels to choose from.

All was going well. offer accepted and price and pick up agreed. Now the fecker has relisted it! Oh dear hopefully a slip up on his behalf!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do, the guy has decided to realist the SMC after we have agreed price and pick up time... oh dear.

The Street R is a lovely machine, very light, quick and makes a great noise with the triple engine!

·
Registered
16,927 Posts
Don't get one mate they are shite, I had one for a few eeks and sold it, it nearly turned me gay, started listening to the Pet Shop Boys and everything . . .

Loads of gays on here ride them though, they love the sore arse they give you

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haa! Comedy!

I have backed out on the sale if anybody else wants it. I have paid £20 for an HPI and the bike comes up clear, no finance and not stolen. I can send it over.

£4k was the price, so if your are looking for a bargain :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts