KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant decide what to get for my new bike. need some opinions. i have an 01 520exc which i love and will probably keep as a spare. never owned a 2 stroke but am impressed with all the reviews of the 300. i love using the engine as braking force so a 2t will be hard for me to get used to. here in oz you get cheaper registration up to 300cc for motorbikes and it jumps significantly above that. im also pretty keen to work on 2t's as im a bit affraid of pulling 4t's apart. im good with maitainance however. i love the sound of 4t's and i use a bikes torque more then outright power.
also what other brands are worth considering? for a big 2t or 4t?

·
Registered
281 Posts
300, 450 or 530 is the question I've been asking myself too. The 300 is lighter and cheaper, but the 4-strokes do have the grunt...
Any capable riders out there ridden 2 or more of the above? Your comments would be appreciated!

·
Registered
347 Posts
All these bikes are first class but its what you want from them I,m in the same boat to but I have the 09 300 exc, I like 4st power but the 300 is some weapon hope I,m not making a mistake in selling it!

May be best to look at what your going to do with it and draw a list up of good and bad points matched against what you want!

Not sure thats of any help !

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i agree

if i got a new bike, id probably go the 300 and use it for the tight stuff as its lighter and with less use of top end. and id keep the 520 for cruising fire trails, open dirt roads.

i have been getting right into the tight technical stuff lately and the 520 is a handful to control, but in saying that, once i lowered the suspension a little, it is actually quite easy to throw around, even if i am short and light

1 - 4 of 4 Posts