KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Caught my local dealer prepping one for some lucky punter last week. :cool:

It did look good, But like mark says i'll also be waiting for the EXC version to replace my RFS 350:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Am I right in thinking the difference between a SX, SXF and XC are 18" wheel, bigger tank and slightly softer susspension?

I sat on one at Bikesport, felt nice then went and sat on a CRF 450 the difference was huge the KTm felt small and lighter tho its probably only a few Kg,s lighter it felt alot more. The other impressive thing was the fit of the plastics evrything looked intergrated and smooth where as the KXF looked like parts bolted on!

Looks like I,m going to get one then slowly convert it to a XC spec and get some use out of it never got going this season!

·
Registered
791 Posts
you might get a 350xc, but doubt there will be an exc version..
What do you rekown a XC will cost Nik ?? ££

I may be after a new bike soon and been in to the local Ktm dealer here... Not such a good deal going down at all with them ....

·
Registered
347 Posts
EXCman, I rang a few dealers ( 4 in the north) for part ex,s or straight swaps there was huge differences in prices either way but triple d was best for part x and Biksport best for cash deal.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bike i had a go on had come from drysdales and it was 6k but had some goodies on, it felt like a really smooth 300 exc, still had a kick but very useable not that much disimilair to the new sherco's

·
Registered
791 Posts
wouldnt like to step on alans toes but the new xc will be 6k
Thats not too bad when you see that excR are getting close to £7k.. ouch!! I will work on sean and alan, I may end up buying a new excr first and getting rid when the 350`s come out on XC or exc trim. My older 06 Rfs, although bloody reliable, might be on the way to be sold

Anyway I will look at it in a couple of months when we all know more eh??

·
Registered
347 Posts
the bike i had a go on had come from drysdales and it was 6k but had some goodies on, it felt like a really smooth 300 exc, still had a kick but very useable not that much disimilair to the new sherco's
could ask a thousand questions about your ride if you dont mind lol but mains ones are handling and stalling etc with the fuel injection?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My mate got his last week and there were 3 in the pits last sunday , general opinion was AWESOME , very fast and easy to ride, my friend had an 2010 450 sxf previously and says this pisses all over it, give it another week before i ask for a ride lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
but doubt there will be an exc version..
I spoke to the KTM Racing team when they were at Hawkstone Park a few weeks ago and they said there are rumours of them making a 350 EXC-F for next year.

Can't wait to trade my 450 in for that if they ever decide to go through with it.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could ask a thousand questions about your ride if you dont mind lol but mains ones are handling and stalling etc with the fuel injection?
i never stalled it but then again i only got a few laps in, The FI is faultess no snatchy throttle with power all the way from the bottom with a bit of a top end kick. Like i say feels like a 300 2st without all the detonation in the front pipe off throttle.

i'll be getting one if they make a wider ratio or semi wide ratio box, the close ratio for laning is rubbish on the road.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts

wait till next year direct injection 2 stroke's!!! blue one's

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
"Husaberg"

1 - 20 of 60 Posts