KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have the exact same bike and been fine with electrics, you need a wiring diagram and a systematic approach or take it to someone who does, fiddling will just get you in a deeper mess faster

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Do you have a wiring diagramme? If not, I should have one if you want to PM me your email address.

I suspect that you have a badly secured wiring loom that may have been flexing and has bust a wire or rubbed the insulation so that there's a short developing. From the wiring diagramme, see if there is a section of the loom that handles the wiring for all the bits that are giving you problems. If you have a meter or continuity tester, check components like the starter button by disconnecting and it so you can try and isolate any individual faulty components.

I would check round each of the connectors one by one and clean them up. Slap some di-electric grease in each to keep them in good nick. After each one check to see if the problem persists. A step by step approach should show you where the issue is.

There seem to be a load of electrical issues with the 350f both old and new. I put it down to cost cutting and using progressively cheaper and thinner wiring in the looms. The FI complexity doesn't help by needing so many wires and connectors.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the exact same bike and been fine with electrics, you need a wiring diagram and a systematic approach or take it to someone who does, fiddling will just get you in a deeper mess faster
Yep, you're not wrong there!

If all else fails I'll have to bite the bullet & take her in!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a wiring diagramme? If not, I should have one if you want to PM me your email address.

I suspect that you have a badly secured wiring loom that may have been flexing and has bust a wire or rubbed the insulation so that there's a short developing. From the wiring diagramme, see if there is a section of the loom that handles the wiring for all the bits that are giving you problems. If you have a meter or continuity tester, check components like the starter button by disconnecting and it so you can try and isolate any individual faulty components.

I would check round each of the connectors one by one and clean them up. Slap some di-electric grease in each to keep them in good nick. After each one check to see if the problem persists. A step by step approach should show you where the issue is.

There seem to be a load of electrical issues with the 350f both old and new. I put it down to cost cutting and using progressively cheaper and thinner wiring in the looms. The FI complexity doesn't help by needing so many wires and connectors.
Cheers Hubert, have PM'd you

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Swap it for my 04 450.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts