KTM Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some expert advice, I just graduated uni and planning to buy a KTM 690 but I’m on a tight budget. I’ve managed to find a 2013 KTM 690 enduro for sale, however, it has done 160,000 km. the owner has changed the camshaft, rockers, and wiring harness. I know I will have to change the timing chain, tensioner, and a couple of odd ends here and there. But my question is, with 160,000 km, how much longer does the engine have until a rebuild is needed, and is it worth the investment?

·
Registered
945 Posts
That’s on par with the highest mileage ones I’ve heard of so I think you’re in uncharted territory. Have you seen it and heard it run? How many owners and what service history? If it’s one or two owners, been well looked after by somebody who knows their stuff and is cheap enough I’d take a gamble. If not buy some Japanese slug like a DR650 or XR650L with high mileage if you want to do some mixed riding but they are far less dynamic.

Owen/Peebles has done over 60,000 miles not km on his with no problems, I think his is a 2014 model

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hello & welcome

My question would be if it is a UK spec bike, why is it showing mileage in Kilometres? If it is not UK spec, would you be able to insure it easily/cheaply? Sorry I do not know the answers, but someone on here might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts