KTM Owners Forum banner

2014 Ktm 690r Enduro Map and exhaust options

7K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  MeinMotorrad 
#1 ·
Well mine arrives next month but i dont know what to do about the exhaust and map, i have a wings end can off my old 2012 smcr and i want to put that on but there is no akro map yet or even tuneecu (not like i would have any idea how to use it but if that was the only option then i would learn it). Ktm have no idea when there will be a akro map or exhaust released so that is not a option.

I would like a power commander (which is now available) because its well known about the running/fueling/mapping "issues" regarding end cans on the 690 smcs and enduros which i have witnessed first hand with my smcr but a pc will just void the warranty outright so thats not a option either. There is also a Rapid bike unit but still the same applies.

So... can anyone tell me what will happen if i put my smcr 2012 wings end can on a 2014 enduro without mapping it? My local bike shop is CMC Chesterfield which has a dyno so i can take it there for a run, i know they wont be able to change anything on the bike but should they at least be able to tell me if its running to lean or if theres any harm being done?

If anyone can enlighten me with any info it will be much appreciated because that standard pipe just aint stayin!!! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Your KTM dealer will be able to advise you on any map that may be needed.. For my 2013 enduro there isn’t an Akro map, only an Evo1 map used in conjunction with an unrestricted air box lid.. Mine runs fine with stock map and just the silencer.

Not sure you will be able to connect to your 14 with Tune ecu?

#3 ·
i have spoke to quite a few ktm dealers and they are all saying the same, no akro map and no akro exhaust and they cant say when there will be, i thought the evo1 map was a akropovic map tho? and as of yet there is no info regarding tuneecu or cable so that is not a option either....

#4 ·
Can't imagine having a problem with the cable (lonelec) with the KTM adapter. Isn't the engine the same as the twin spark 690 Duke? Also I would have thought the after market exhausts would fit OK. Correct maps may be a problem to begin with tho' take a trip over to the KTM690 TuneECU thread on advrider - that's probably your best bet for advice and solutions.

#5 ·
I understand the motor in the 2014 KTM 690 R has been used in the 690 Duke for the last year (2013) or two but i dont think or neither can i find any maps available for the 2012/2013 duke r and there is none on tuneecu either.

Power commander only list a unit for upto the 2010 duke but i have been in contact with dynojet and they tell me that there will be one for the 2014 enduro very soon.

#7 ·
Not for the 12/13 dukes... this is copyed from a typical post.....

Originally Posted by Roadrogue View Post
I think that you can use TuneEcu with the '12's for diagnostics but there are no maps available. I don't know why that is so. With some of the new Triumphs you absolutely can't use it and I've heard it is because of can-bus wiring on them. The new Duke has an entirely new fly by wire system so could be related to that or maybe they just haven't been developed yet.

This is what I've read online. Might even be true.

TuneECU does not work with the new Duke 4. Cable fits but won't connect.
Currently has to be brought into a dealer to map it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.