KTM Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i may be wrong here but ive just rebuilt this 2018 450 exc that ive only tested once alsong the street since and noticed the speedo wasnt moving from 0mph ..then noticed there was no magnet in the disc so fitted a new one still the same :( so basically engine off turn the wheel passed the magnet and sensor no screen light up were as my 2011 450 does...the speedo comes on engine off when button is pressed for short while then goes off then start bike turn wheel still 0mph wires seem ok although does the speedo wire pass down through the same loom as the kill switch earth as ive jus found this snapped inside loom maybe this one has snapped also cheers

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Quite often the sender that is screwed into the calliper that picks up the magnet when it passes, breaks down.

·
Registered
7,417 Posts
Assuming it’s the same as the old speedos, maybe try a brand new battery in the unit.
They don’t have to go far off voltage to give up the ghost.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So had another look tonite now the light on the speedo doesnt light up when button pressed but still shows stuff but light comes on when i start the bike so i thort id take the battery out looks like my cousin the only other owner has butchered the plastic battery compartment plug and i have no idea why so anyway went straight to halfords got a new battery but still no diffrent ive tried putting a small flat screw driver in both connection plugs one near the sensor and the other behind speedo to bypass the pins inside see if it showed anything on speedo but nothing i also sprayed all connections with contact clesned and passed a magnet over the sensor but nothing also im stumped thinking its possibly the speedo now also found it have slighlt cracks down one end were the screws are to the rear idk what hes being doin with it the bikes never been offroad really need to figure something out so a cam get it motd while the weathers out :(

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Get a mates Speedo for testing. The backlight of the speedo is powered by the main battery not the coin battery.
Hope you get it sorted and it is not the speedo unit.

BTW, did you know that sentences are separated by full stops or even other punctuation characters :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohryt a wonder why thts stopped working then only is when ignition is on now will one fit off my 2011 450 exc as il swap it over and sorry .^#[email protected]&@& there u go mate 😊😁

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
LOL
Any news?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha aye mate did a few more test with a u piece of wire across the two pins in the connection blocks and it was actually activating on the speedo the mph was bouncing about but the light still wasnt coming on but thats with the bike off so it seems to be the actual sensor which ive ordered and also i ordered a new bit wire and white connectors to make it up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts