KTM Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Im experiencing excessive hanging idle when I blip the throttle with the clutch engaged So much to the point I have to shut the bike off. If I stay low on rpms with the clutch out it doesn’t seem to happen. Only when in neutral or with the clutch in and not consistently. I tried cleaning the crank case pressure sensor and will get it a shit again today. Other than that what I’ve been reading is it could be running too lean or it’s an air leak. Since the air screw of these bikes is locked in I’ve also read that you can adjust the idle screw slightly in to richen the mixture. This is my first TPI so I’m at a loss as im used to calibrating my carb to whatever conditions I’m riding in. The bike only has 40 hrs on it as well so it’s pretty fresh…Thoughts? Anything information or pictures would help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
Its the idle screw that is loctited in.

The other screw can be adjusted as a tickover, but its actually a form of airscrew afaik - have a google.

Hanging idle is generally sign of a weak mix or an airleak, also, if you have changed altitude, have you done the correct start procedure to allow the bike to adjust to it? The manual will help with that. Assume you have checkedfor air leaks? Throttle isnt hanging because of poor cable adjustment / throttle grip catching up on end of bar / cable routing??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts